About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering division with complex numbers will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn how to divide complex numbers. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how complex conjugates can be used to divide complex numbers
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about dividing complex numbers
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the complex division chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the complex division chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any division question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the methods for dividing complex numbers covered in a standard math course. Topics covered include:
- Imaginary numbers
- Complex conjugates
1. What is an Imaginary Number?
The imaginary number 'i' is the square root of -1. Although this number doesn't actually exist, pretending that it does allows us to do a bunch of crazy math that scientists use every day. Learn the basics of that number 'i' here!
2. How to Divide Complex Numbers
While adding, subtracting and multiplying complex numbers is pretty straightforward, dividing them can be pretty tricky. It comes down to the process of multiplying by the complex conjugate. Learn about what that is, and how to do it, here.
3. What is a Logarithm?
Logarithms can help you solve exponential functions. In this lesson, you will learn about how to work with and recognize logarithms, and how to use logarithm notation with an example problem about earthquakes!
4. 13 Divided by 2: Steps & Tutorial
In this lesson, we will learn how to divide 13 by 2. We will go through each step in this process, and relate it to a real life situation to make it more understandable. We will then discuss how to check our work when solving this problem.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Division: Help & Review course
- Introduction to Division: Help & Review
- Dividing Fractions: Help & Review
- Dividing Decimals: Help & Review
- Dividing Radicals & Exponential Expressions: Help & Review
- Division of Factorials: Help & Review
- Dividing Functions: Help & Review
- Dividing Polynomials: Help & Review
- Division in Geometry: Help & Review