About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your complex number division homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your complex number division homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Working with imaginary and complex numbers
- Using the complex conjugate
- Dividing complex numbers
- Understanding logarithms
1. What is an Imaginary Number?
The imaginary number 'i' is the square root of -1. Although this number doesn't actually exist, pretending that it does allows us to do a bunch of crazy math that scientists use every day. Learn the basics of that number 'i' here!
2. How to Divide Complex Numbers
While adding, subtracting and multiplying complex numbers is pretty straightforward, dividing them can be pretty tricky. It comes down to the process of multiplying by the complex conjugate. Learn about what that is, and how to do it, here.
3. What is a Logarithm?
Logarithms can help you solve exponential functions. In this lesson, you will learn about how to work with and recognize logarithms, and how to use logarithm notation with an example problem about earthquakes!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Division: Homework Help Resource course
- Introduction to Division: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Fractions: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Decimals: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Radicals & Exponential Expressions: Homework Help Resource
- Division of Factorials: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Functions: Homework Help Resource
- Dividing Polynomials: Homework Help Resource
- Division in Geometry: Homework Help Resource