About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school biology work.
- Identify the DNA technology and genomics concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school biology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about DNA technology and genomics and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding DNA cloning, genomic DNA analysis, DNA technology applications or any other DNA technology and genomics topic.
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their DNA technology and genomics unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school biology
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about DNA technology and genomics simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live biology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about DNA technology and genomics on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Understand how DNA cloning is performed.
- Learn how genomic DNA analysis works.
- Take a look at some of the practical applications of DNA technology.
- Discuss the ethical and safety issues pertaining to DNA technology.
1. DNA Cloning: Definition and Process
DNA cloning is used for a variety of purposes, but how does it work? In this video lesson, you will learn about the process of cloning DNA, as well as see examples of how cloning is used in science, medicine, and consumer products.
2. Genomic DNA Analysis
Your genes are what make you who you are, but they also make you a human. Studying genes and genomes allows scientists to better understand not only our own species, but how we are related to other species in the world as well.
3. Practical Applications of DNA Technology
DNA technology is a field that has many applications for our everyday lives. In this video lesson, you will learn about some of the important contributions of DNA technology to industries such as medicine, agriculture and criminal investigation.
4. Ethical and Safety Concerns for DNA Technology
DNA technology is very powerful and has had positive influences on many fields and industries. However, DNA technology is not perfect. In this lesson, you will explore some of the safety and ethical concerns that people have regarding this field of study.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Biology: Tutoring Solution course
- Science Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Science Lab Skills: Tutoring Solution
- Inorganic Chemistry Review for High School Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Organic Chemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Enzymatic Biochemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Requirements of Biological Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Communication: Tutoring Solution
- Metabolic Biochemistry: Tutoring Solution
- Cell Division: Tutoring Solution
- Nucleic Acids - DNA and RNA: Tutoring Solution
- DNA Replication - Processes and Steps: Tutoring Solution
- The Transcription and Translation Process: Tutoring Solution
- Genetics - Principles of Heredity: Tutoring Solution
- Genetic Mutations: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Biology Overview: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- The Origin of the Universe and Life on Earth: Tutoring Solution
- Geologic Time: Tutoring Solution
- Evolution Overview: Tutoring Solution
- Phylogeny and the Classification of Organisms: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Plant Reproduction and Growth: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Fungi: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Invertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Vertebrates: Tutoring Solution
- The Circulatory, Respiratory, Digestive, Excretory, and Musculoskeletal Systems: Tutoring Solution
- The Nervous, Immune, and Endocrine Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Reproduction and Development: Tutoring Solution
- Human Reproductive Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Ecology and the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- Human Effects on the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- Animal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Molecular Biology Laboratory Techniques: Tutoring Solution
- Analyzing Scientific Data: Tutoring Solution