About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other microbiology work.
- Identify the DNA viruses concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our college microbiology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about DNA viruses and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the transmission methods and structure of DNA viruses, related diseases or any other DNA viruses topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their biology learning
- Prefer learning biology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their DNA viruses unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in microbiology
- Don't have access to their biology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about DNA viruses simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live microbiology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about DNA viruses on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn which diseases are associated with the Adenoviridae family.
- Discuss the diseases associated with the Hepanaviridae family.
- Explore diseases caused by the Herpesviridae family.
- Take a look at diseases caused by the Parvoviridae family.
- Discuss diseases associated with the Papillomaviridae family.
- Learn about diseases caused by the Poxviridae family.
- Explore other important DNA virus families.
1. The Adenoviridae Virus Family: Infections of Head, Chest & Abdomen
In this lesson, we'll talk about how the Adenoviridae virus family causes gastroenteritis, why adenovirus 14 is dangerous, and what vertical and horizontal transmission is, as well as something disgusting called the orofecal route.
2. Liver Cancer and Hepatitis B: Hepadnaviridae Structure, Transmission & Disease
This lesson will cover the structure, mode of transmission and diseases associated with the Hepadnaviridae family of viruses, including the hepatitis B virus, hepatocellular carcinoma, cirrhosis and oncogenesis. We'll also cover the hepatitis D virus and its effects on your body.
3. Chickenpox, Herpes, and Mono: Diseases of the Herpesviridae Virus Family
Learn about the infamous diseases that the viruses of the Herpesviridae family cause. You've probably heard of most of them: chickenpox, shingles, mono, and cold sores. Learn about the viruses such as the herpes simplex, varicella zoster, and Epstein-Barr virus that cause these conditions.
4. Lymphoma and the Epstein Barr Virus: Diseases of the Herpesviridae Virus Family
Find out how the Epstein-Barr virus is involved in all sorts of cancers, such as Burkitt's, Hodgkin's, and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, as well as nasopharyngeal carcinoma. You'll also learn about the human cytomegalovirus.
5. Fifth Disease: Viruses of the Parvoviridae Virus Family
Learn about how one family of viruses can affect your entire family! We'll cover parvovirus B19, otherwise known as fifth disease or erythema infectiosum, as well as how this virus family can cause Hydrops Fetalis in babies and also affect your favorite pets.
6. Diseases of the Papillomaviridae Virus Family: Warts and Cancer
This lesson will describe what virus causes warts, how it is transmitted, what its structure is like, as well as the main type of cancer it can cause. Find out as we take a look at warts, papillomas, and many other beautiful things!
7. Diseases of the Poxviridae Virus Family: Smallpox, Cowpox & Monkeypox
In this lesson, you'll learn out about the famous and deadly smallpox virus. In addition, you'll get an extra treat by learning about cowpox, monkeypox, and Edward Jenner.
8. Other DNA Virus Families of Importance
This lesson will tell you about other viruses that have a DNA genome that are of health and commercial importance to humans. Find out a bit more about them as we explore arboviruses, as well as the Polyomaviridae, Asfarviridae, and Geminiviridae virus families.
9. Edward Jenner: Smallpox Vaccine & Contributions
Smallpox was the first disease to be eradicated from the world by vaccination. This lesson is about Edward Jenner and his contributions to the development of the smallpox vaccine.
10. Smallpox Vaccine: Discovery & History
Smallpox was the first deadly disease to be officially eradicated. In fact, the story of how we rid ourselves of smallpox is also the story of how we developed vaccines. This lesson reviews the development of the smallpox vaccine and vaccinations.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Microbiology: Tutoring Solution course
- Biology Review for Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Biology: Tutoring Solution
- Microbiology Laboratory Techniques: Tutoring Solution
- Microorganisms and the Environment: Tutoring Solution
- The Disease Process: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Viruses in Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- RNA Viruses: Tutoring Solution
- Protozoan Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Fungal Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Foodborne Illnesses & Bacterial Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Sexually Transmitted Bacterial Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Bloodborne Bacterial Diseases: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Diseases of the Respiratory Tract: Tutoring Solution
- Bacterial Skin and Wound Infections: Tutoring Solution
- Immunology And the Body's Defenses Against Pathogens: Tutoring Solution
- Antimicrobial Drugs: Tutoring Solution
- Food and Industrial Microbiology: Tutoring Solution
- Sterilization and Antiseptic Techniques: Tutoring Solution