About This Chapter
DSST Fundamentals of Counseling Flashcards - Chapter Summary
Use these flashcards as a helpful study exercise ahead of the DSST Fundamentals of Counseling exam. Review the flashcards that correspond with the subjects that need more study, such as career counseling, the social and cultural elements of counseling and the counseling process, or use the whole chapter as a comprehensive tool. After you use these flashcards, you should understand:
- Marriage and family counseling
- Group counseling
- Human growth and development in counseling
- The history of psychotherapy and counseling
- Legal and ethical issues of counseling
- Theoretical approaches to counseling
How They Work
Our collection of flashcards provides you with a flexible and convenient way to prepare for the DSST Fundamentals of Counseling exam. Just follow these easy steps to use them effectively:
- Open a flashcard set for the DSST Fundamentals of Counseling test topic you're studying.
- Identify the counseling subject on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the DSST Fundamentals of Counseling: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- The History of Counseling and Psychotherapy
- The Professional Counselor
- Ethical and Legal Issues in Counseling
- Human Growth & Development in Childhood
- Human Growth & Development in Adolescence
- Human Growth & Development in Adulthood
- Psychodynamic Theories & Approaches
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapies
- Behavioral, Humanistic & Experiential Approaches to Counseling
- Systems Theories in Psychology
- Social & Cultural Aspects of Counseling
- The Counseling Process
- School Counseling
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Overview of Career Counseling
- Decision Making Skills, Processes & Models
- Understanding Measurements in Research