About This Chapter
Dynamics of High Performing Teams - Chapter Summary
The lessons can help your employees understand what makes a high performance team effective and how they can come together to work within their own. Reviewing the videos can teach them the following:
- The meaning of the work team in contemporary business
- Key characteristics that make teams effective
- How to become a cohesive group
Use the lessons in your corporate training sessions to give employees insight into the dynamics of high performance teams. Gauge how well they understand the lessons with short quizzes. If some employees cannot attend a training session, they can watch the videos independently from their computers, smartphones or tablets.
How It Helps
- Creates awareness: The lessons in this chapter can help your employees become aware of the importance of work teams, their characteristics and the role they play in ensuring their success in your company.
- Offers strategies: Employees can examine useful strategies for creating and working within high performance work teams.
- Encourages collaboration: This chapter offers tips and strategies for creating true cohesion when working together in a team environment.
Upon completion of this chapter, employees will have the knowledge to:
- Explain the benefits and various types of work teams
- Describe the key characteristics of effective work teams
- Discuss how to increase group cohesion using team-building activities
1. The Work Team in Contemporary Business: Definition & Analysis
Contemporary business has thrived with the use of work teams in creating products, solving problems and developing alternatives. There are many ways that work teams add to the productivity and success of a company.
2. Practical Application: Stages of Team Development
Bruce Tuckman created the 5 stages of team development. Following these five stages as a team leader can lead to more productive team meetings and teamwork. This infographic can help.
3. Characteristics of Effective Teams: Examples and Qualities
Effective teams can contribute heavily to the success of an organization. This lesson explores the key characteristics that make teams effective in the business world. You'll see an example of each characteristic and learn about underlying, supportive aspects of effectiveness.
4. Becoming a Cohesive Group: Using Team Building to Increase Group Cohesion
Have you ever wondered why some groups seem to work better together than others? In this lesson you will learn what it means to be a cohesive group and how team building activities can be used to increase group cohesion.
5. Practical Application: Choosing the Right Team Building Activity
Team working environments can present unique challenges. Sometimes, it calls for the right team-building activity to get things back on track. Here, you'll be asked to find a solution for three team scenarios.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.