About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material on Eurasian empires will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about Eurasian dynastic empires. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the history of Eurasian ruling empires
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning history (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about Eurasian dynasties
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra history learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the dynastic empires of Eurasia chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the dynastic empires of Eurasia chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about Eurasian empires. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts covered in a dynastic empires of Eurasia unit of a standard high school world history course. Topics covered include:
- Rise of the Ottoman, Safavid, and Mughal empires
- Rulers and characteristics of the Ottoman empire
- Creation, rulers, and characteristics of the Safavid empire
- Role of Shi'ism in the Safavid empire
- Rulers, characteristics, and Hindu influence on the Mughal empire
1. The Emergence of Three Empires in Eurasia: Ottoman, Safavid & Mughal
This lesson focuses on the Ottoman empire of Turkey, the Safavid Empire of Iran, and the Mughal Empire of India and Pakistan. It highlights the terms theocracy, ghazi, and God-ism.
2. The Ottoman Empire
This lesson will be a brief survey of the Ottoman Empire. It will highlight the ghazis, Osman, and Suleiman. It will also highlight the decline of the empire due to its involvement with Russia and the other powers of Europe.
3. The Safavid Empire: Creation, Rulers, Characteristics & Shi'ism
This lesson will explore the Safavid Empire. In doing this, it will explain Shi'ism, the term theocracy, and the reigns of Shah Ismail and Shah Abbas the Great.
4. The Mughal Empire: Rulers, Characteristics & Hindu Influence
This lesson will trace the history of the Mughal Empire. In doing this, it will focus on religious tolerance as well as the rules of Babur and Akbar, the language of Urdu, and the system of God-ism.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Help and Review course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Help and Review
- Geography: Help and Review
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Help and Review
- Early Civilization of World History: Help and Review
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Help and Review
- Early Indian Civilization: Help and Review
- Early Chinese Civilization: Help and Review
- Asian History (1000-1300 CE): Help and Review
- History of Ancient Greece in World History: Help and Review
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement in World History: Help and Review
- The Rise of the Roman Republic in World History: Help and Review
- History of the Fall of Rome: Help and Review
- The Rise of Christianity: Help and Review
- The Eastern Mediterranean: Help and Review
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Help and Review
- African History: Help and Review
- The Early Middle Ages in World History: Help and Review
- The Medieval Warm Period in World History: Help and Review
- The High Middle Ages in World History: Help and Review
- Pre-European Civilizations in North America: Help and Review
- The Late Middle Ages in World History: Help and Review
- The Renaissance in World History: Help and Review
- The Age of Exploration in World History: Help and Review
- The Reformation Across Europe: Help and Review
- The Elizabethan Era in World History: Help and Review
- Colonialism: Help and Review
- The Enlightenment & World Revolutions: Help and Review
- World War I: Help and Review
- Between the World Wars: Help and Review
- World War II: Help and Review
- The Cold War: Help and Review
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Help and Review
- Latin America Since 1900: Help and Review
- The 21st Century: Help and Review