About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering e-commerce marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn e-commerce marketing concepts. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding marketing in relation to e-commerce
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about e-commerce (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about e-commerce marketing concepts
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra e-commerce learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the e-commerce marketing concepts chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the e-commerce marketing concepts chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any e-commerce marketing concepts question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an e-commerce marketing concepts unit of a standard e-commerce course. Topics covered include:
- Internet & global marketing
- Social media
- Electronic channels of communication
- Behavioral targeting
- Collaborative filtering
1. Internet and Global Marketing: Ecommerce on an International Scale
E-commerce is a low risk business strategy for companies to use for developing an international customer base. The combination of global marketing with an Internet distribution method allows many companies to try their hand at reaching growing target markets overseas.
2. The Role of Social Media in Business Communication
Social media has played a growing role in company's business communication. Numerous affordable advantages create increased sales and customer loyalty through different platforms and word of mouth.
3. Blogs, Podcasts, and Wikis in Business Communication
Business communication has drastically evolved in the last decade. In this lesson, we'll look at alternative uses of communication that help improve quality, public relations and internal employee relationships through the use of blogs, podcasts and wikis.
4. Using Electronic Channels of Communication: Strengths and Weaknesses
Electronic channels of communication allow businesses to reach customers and communicate internally through the use of fax, text and email. Employees should be aware that there are both advantages and disadvantages to using electronic tools.
5. Behavioral Targeting: Definition, Uses & Issues
This lesson will define behavioral targeting in online marketing. We'll see how it's used to customize what is marketed to potential customers. The lesson will also address privacy and security concerns for consumers.
6. Using Collaborative Filtering in E-Commerce
Collaborative filtering delivers recommendations to website visitors. In this lesson, you'll learn more about this filtering technique and how it's used.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.