About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering e-commerce and technology material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about e-commerce and technology. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the impact of technology on e-commerce
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about e-commerce (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about e-commerce and technology
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra e-commerce learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the E-Commerce & Technology chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the E-Commerce & Technology chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any e-commerce and technology question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an e-commerce and technology unit of a standard e-commerce course. Topics covered include:
- Information technology's impact on the economy
- Internet communication and collaboration
- Internet security
- Consumer privacy & fraud
1. Information Technology: Impact on the Economy
2. The Internet: IP Addresses, URLs, ISPs, DNS & ARPANET
We'll cover the basics of the Internet, including its history and functioning. Key topics include IP addresses, TCP/IP communication protocol, DNS, URLs, and the transfer of information as packets through the Internet.
3. Internet Communication: Social Media, Email, Blog, & Chat
This lesson talks about how social media adds business value by building networks that enhance competitive advantage, enable the exchange of information, foster strong relationships and serve as a foundation of building professional and personal relationships irrespective of different geographical spaces and time zones.
4. Internet Collaboration: Second Life, VOIP, Video Conferencing, Virtual Reality & Telepresence
Today, individuals and businesses are collaborating and interacting online from dispersed locations. Many technologies make it possible to communicate, learn, conduct business, and socialize with people from anywhere in the world. This lesson will discuss various Internet collaboration tools and virtual reality concepts.
5. What is Internet Security? - Privacy, Protection & Essentials
The Internet provides a wealth of information and services, but also presents certain risks. Learn about the various security threats and way to make your online activities more secure and enjoyable.
6. Impact of e-Commerce and m-Commerce on Consumer Privacy and Fraud
There are a number of challenges in the world of e-commerce and m-commerce stemming from the ease of information exchange over the Internet. The issues discussed in this lesson include consumer privacy and fraud.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.