About This Chapter
Early Childhood Education Models - Chapter Summary
Our instructors have created entertaining lessons designed to make studying early childhood education models simple. By watching engaging videos, you can build a quality understanding of different types of curriculum and STEM education. After completing this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Define and describe creative curriculum
- Provide an explanation of Montessori curriculum
- Describe emergent curriculum in early childhood
- Discuss the importance and standards of STEM education
Customize your review of this chapter by choosing the order in which to study the lessons, and enjoy the ability to visit as often as you'd like. Around-the-clock mobile accessibility lets you explore the lessons during your preferred timeframes via any smartphone or tablet. Feel free to reach out to our subject-matter experts with any questions you have about topics covered in the lessons. For confirmation that you fully comprehend this chapter, don't hesitate to take our multiple-choice quizzes and practice exam.
1. What is Creative Curriculum?
A creative curriculum is one that incorporates big ideas, varied and engaging activities, and a sense of continuity as a way to stimulate students, teachers, and even families. This lesson will teach you what a creative curriculum is and how to get creative with your own curriculum!
2. What is Montessori Curriculum?
This lesson provides an overview and detailed explanation highlighting the Montessori curriculum. Complete it to learn about Montessori principles, methods, and ideas.
3. What is Emergent Curriculum in Early Childhood?
This lesson is all about emergent curriculum and how it can be used in early childhood education programs. We'll define emergent curriculum and provide an example of how it can be used to construct a lesson.
4. What Is STEM Education? - Definition, Importance & Standards
STEM stands for science, technology, engineering, and math. Learn more about what STEM education is, why it is important and explore standards associated with STEM. A short quiz follows the lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the FTCE Prekindergarten/Primary PK-3 (053): Practice & Study Guide course
- Early Childhood Growth & Development
- External Factors in Childhood Development
- Developmental Theories of Learning
- Federal & State Laws on Education
- Early Childhood Education Professional Organizations & Trends
- Planning & Facilitating Early Learning
- Developmentally Appropriate Practices & the Classroom
- Student Guidance & Behavioral Management
- Using Assessment & Evaluation in Teaching
- Utilizing Technology in the Classroom
- Family & Community Involvement in Early Education
- Subject-Specific Teaching Strategies
- Serving the Educational Needs of Diverse Populations
- Literacy Instruction in the Classroom
- Emergent Literacy in the Classroom
- Literacy in Early Education
- Teaching Comprehension & Vocabulary
- Writing Processes & Development
- Early Childhood Mathematics Instruction
- Early Childhood Math Concepts
- Early Childhood Science Instruction
- Basics of Physical & Earth Sciences
- Basic Concepts in Life Science
- FTCE Prekindergarten/Primary PK-3 Flashcards