About This Chapter
Early Childhood Educational Technology - Chapter Summary
Use the bite-sized lessons in this self-paced chapter to ensure you have a complete understanding of early childhood educational technology. Developed by top instructors, these lessons explore ways to ethically use technology in the early education classroom so that students are empowered and engaged. Complete this chapter at your leisure. When finished, you will be able to:
- List types of technology found in many early childhood classrooms
- Describe the technology educators can use to enhance learning in the preschool classroom
- Share ways to implement technology in the kindergarten classroom
- Discuss how the use of technology in the classroom can empower students
- Explain the ethical guidelines teachers and students must follow when using technology
Feel free to utilize the resources in this chapter in the manner that aligns with your study preferences. Review any number of lessons in any order and as often as you'd like. Before, during or after studying the lessons, check your knowledge of their contents by taking mini quizzes. Questions you have about the early childhood education technology topics covered in this chapter can be submitted to our experts using the Dashboard.
1. Technology in the Early Childhood Classroom
Technology is an incredibly important part of any classroom. This lesson will introduce you to several pieces of technology that you will likely see in many early childhood classrooms.
2. Technology in the Preschool Classroom
Young children are born learners. They love to explore and soak in new experiences. Preschool teachers can use technology to enhance children's natural curiosity. Not sure how to make this happen? Take a look at what technology in the preschool classroom looks like.
3. Technology in the Kindergarten Classroom
Using technology in a kindergarten classroom is not only a fun addition to students' learning process but also a very vital and valuable part of education. This lesson can give you more ideas how to implement technology into your everyday teaching.
4. Empowering Students with Technology
As technology becomes more prevalent in the classroom, teachers have new ways to empower student learning. This lesson will explain how technology can be used to empower students.
5. Technology Ethics in the Classroom
The accessibility of information through technology is endless. In the classroom, students and teachers must follow ethical guidelines for appropriate use. In this lesson, you'll learn what some of the expectations are and how to use them.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023): Practice & Study Guide course
- Fundamentals of Early Childhood Development
- Educational Theorists
- Influences on Child Development & Learning
- Early Childhood Special Needs Education
- Principles of Gifted Education
- Developing Individual Intervention Plans for Young Children
- Early Childhood Special Education Learning Environments
- Early Education Classroom Management
- Curriculum Development Basics
- Instructional Strategies & Activities
- Diversity & Character Education in Early Childhood Learning
- Assessments in Early Childhood Education
- Family Collaboration & Advocacy in Early Childhood Education
- Professional Development in Early Childhood Education
- Praxis Interdisciplinary ECE Flashcards