About This Chapter
Early Childhood Lesson Plan Templates & Examples - Chapter Summary
Included in this chapter are a variety of lesson plan templates and examples designed to aid in your early childhood curriculum development. Our lesson plans provide instructional guidance, discussion topics, templates for creating your own lesson plans and much more. By utilizing these resources, you will be ready to teach students at ages and in areas that include the following:
- Children from infancy to toddler
- Prekindergarten and kindergarten
- Pre-school, Montessori and elementary
- 1st and 2nd grade math
- 3rd grade
All of our teacher resources are available anytime, enabling you to prepare your curriculum before school, during your planning periods or after school. Feel free to access our resources using your computer or any mobile device.
How It Helps
- Curriculum standards: Ensures all information provided in lesson plans for various grade levels closely align with academic standards.
- Vocabulary words: Pinpoints key terms students should learn at specific grade levels that can be included in your lessons.
- Activities and games: Shares interesting age and grade-appropriate games and activities to include in your lesson plans to keep students engaged.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan outlines with relevant tools to make planning early childhood lessons easy.
- Find lesson plans for specific age or grade appropriate topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your early childhood class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related math or other specific subject area lessons for each lesson plan with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important age or grade appropriate concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Toddler Lesson Plan Template & Example
This piece includes both a lesson plan on farm animals designed for toddlers (age 2-3) and a template for creating your own lesson plans for toddlers. Feel free to use the lesson plan template for creating future lessons.
2. Sample Lesson Plan for Preschool
This lesson contains a lesson plan template that will enable preschool teachers to design developmentally appropriate, yet challenging lessons, for students in early childhood programs.
3. PreK Lesson Plan Template & Example
This lesson plan template provide a space for teachers to plan a lesson related to their thematic unit that incorporates skills across six developmental areas appropriate for preschool students.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Lesson Planning Ideas for Teachers course
- Integrated Curriculum Resources
- Lesson Plan Templates & Examples
- Education Models in Lesson Planning
- Common Core Lesson Plan Templates & Resources
- Movie Lesson Plans & Classroom Resources
- Bell Ringer & Exit Slip Resources
- Project Rubrics
- Back to School Activities
- Field Trip Resources
- School Assembly & Event Ideas