About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your early Indian civilization homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your early Indian civilization homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Indigenous cultures
- Indus Valley civilizations
- Aryan beliefs
- Three pillars of Indian society
- Hinduism and Buddhism
- Mauryan Empire
- Indian worship traditions
- Gupta Dynasty
1. Gautama Buddha: The Founding of Buddhism
This lesson will explore the founding of Buddhism and the life of Siddhartha Gautama. It will also highlight nirvana, asceticism, the concept of a bodhisattva, and the Bodhi tree.
2. Ancient India: Indigenous Culture & Outside Influences
This lesson will explore the history of ancient India. It will focus on the Harappan culture, their mixing with the Aryans, and the beginnings of the Hindu faith.
3. Three Pillars of Indian Society: Village, Caste & Family
This lesson will explain the three pillars of Indian society. They are the village, the caste system, and the family. In doing so, it will explore the different individual castes as well as describing joint families.
4. Indus Valley Civilization: Harappa & Mohenjo-Daro
In this lesson, we will explore the mysterious Indus Valley civilization, which was located in modern Pakistan and reached its high point between about 2500 BCE and 1900 BCE.
5. The Aryans in the Indus Valley: Texts, Castes & Beliefs
In this lesson, we will explore the Aryans of the Indus Valley. We will learn about their arrival in the valley, their social customs, their major texts, and their religious beliefs.
6. Lord Mahavira & the Jain Religion
This lesson will explain the history and the beliefs of Jainism. In doing this, it will highlight the life of Lord Mahavira as well as define the terms 'moksha' and 'Tirthankara.'
7. Early Religion in India: Hinduism & Buddhism
This lesson will explore the founding of Hinduism and Buddhism. It will cover the basic beliefs of Hinduism and the life of Siddhartha Gautama, and the presence of both religions in modern day India.
8. The Mauryan Empire in India: Rulers & Edicts
In this lesson, we will study India's Mauryan Empire. We will learn about its rulers, explore its government and economy, delve into its religious life, and examine its decline and disappearance.
9. Indian Worship Traditions: Vishnu, Shiva & Devi
This lesson will explain Hinduism's polytheistic worship of Vishnu, Shiva, and Devi. In doing so, it will explore their roles as preserver, destroyer, and protective mother of the universe.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Homework Help Resource course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Homework Help
- Geography: Homework Help
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Homework Help
- Early Civilization of World History: Homework Help
- Early Civilizations of World History: Homework Help
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Homework Help
- Early Chinese Civilization: Homework Help
- History of Ancient Greece: Homework Help
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Homework Help
- The Rise of the Roman Republic: Homework Help
- History of the Fall of Rome: Homework Help
- The Rise of Christianity: Homework Help
- The Eastern Mediterranean: Homework Help
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Homework Help
- African History: Homework Help
- The Early Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Medieval Warm Period: Homework Help
- The High Middle Ages: Homework Help
- History of Asia (1000-1300 CE): Homework Help
- Pre-European Civilizations in North America: Homework Help
- Eurasia and the Great Dynastic Empires: Homework Help
- The Late Middle Ages: Homework Help
- The Renaissance: Homework Help
- The Age of Exploration: Homework Help
- The Reformation Across Europe: Homework Help
- The Elizabethan Era: Homework Help
- Colonialism: Homework Help
- The Enlightenment & World Revolutions: Homework Help
- World War I: Homework Help
- Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II: Homework Help
- The Cold War: Homework Help
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Homework Help
- Latin America Since 1900: Homework Help
- The 21st Century: Homework Help