About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other earth science work.
- Identify the earth's spheres and internal structure concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our earth science tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about earth's spheres and internal structure and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the four spheres of the earth and their interactions, continental and oceanic crust, mantle and core, scientific study of the earth's interior or any other earth's spheres and internal structure topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their science learning
- Prefer learning science visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their earth's spheres and internal structure unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in earth science
- Don't have access to their science teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about earth's spheres and internal structure simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live science tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about earth's spheres and internal structure on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Discuss the internal and external forces that shape Earth's surface.
- Identify the four spheres of Earth.
- Describe the interactions between Earth's spheres.
- Learn about Earth's internal layers.
- Explain how scientists study Earth's internal structure.
1. The Dynamic Earth: Internal & External Forces that Shape Earth's Surface
There are many geologic processes that shape the surface of the Earth. Not only do they build and destroy a variety of landscapes, but they also give us clues to the interior of the Earth and the forces that exist there.
2. The Four Spheres of Earth: Geosphere, Hydrosphere, Biosphere, and Atmosphere
Earth is made up of four distinct yet connect spheres. In this video lesson, you will learn about where each sphere is found on Earth, as well as some features commonly found in each.
3. Interactions of Earth's Spheres: Purpose and Examples
The four spheres of Earth drive all of its processes and support life on our unique planet. In this video lesson, you will see examples of how Earth's spheres interact with each other to form an overall complex and connected system.
4. Earth's Internal Layers: Crust, Mantle & Core
Earth is made up of several different layers, each with unique properties. In this video lesson, you will identify each layer of Earth and how it relates to Earth as a whole.
5. How Scientists Study Earth's Interior Structure
We can't see what Earth's interior is made of, but scientists are able to study it in other ways. In this video lesson, you will learn how seismic activity helps us understand and describe the inner layers of the earth.
6. What is the Exosphere? - Definition, Facts & Temperature
The exosphere is one of the layers of the Earth's atmosphere. Check out this lesson to learn the details that define it, such as location and composition.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Earth Science: Tutoring Solution course
- Earth Science Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Geologic Time and Earth Science: Tutoring Solution
- Properties of Matter: Tutoring Solution
- Plate Tectonics: Tutoring Solution
- Minerals and Rocks: Tutoring Solution
- Igneous Rocks: Tutoring Solution
- Volcanoes: Tutoring Solution
- Weathering and Erosion: Tutoring Solution
- Sedimentary Rocks - A Deeper Look: Tutoring Solution
- Metamorphic Rocks - A Deeper Look: Tutoring Solution
- Rock Deformation and Mountain Building: Tutoring Solution
- Water Balance: Tutoring Solution
- Running Water: Tutoring Solution
- Ground Water: Tutoring Solution
- Glaciers: Tutoring Solution
- Oceans: Tutoring Solution
- Coastal Hazards: Tutoring Solution
- The Atmosphere: Tutoring Solution
- Weather and Storms: Tutoring Solution
- Earthquakes: Tutoring Solution
- Earth History: Tutoring Solution
- Energy Resources: Tutoring Solution