About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Eastern European history homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Eastern European history homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Old empires in the mid-17th century
- The rise of Austria
- Strengthening of the Hapsburg Monarchy
- The creation of Prussia
- Peter the Great's westernization of Russia
- The partition of Poland
1. Old Empires in the Mid-17th Century: History, Timeline & Characteristics
In this lesson, we discuss the old empires of Central and Eastern Europe in the 17th century: Poland, the Holy Roman Empire, and the Ottoman Empire. In discussing the Holy Roman Empire's decline, we also preview the two states that filled the power vacuum its failure created.
2. The Rise of Austria & Strengthening of the Hapsburg Monarchy
In this lesson, we explore the rise of the Austrian state in the second half of the 17th and first half of the 18th centuries. Austrian expansion and government centralization turned it into one of Europe's foremost powers by 1740.
3. The Creation of Prussia: History & Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the creation and rise of the Prussian state during the 17th and early 18th centuries. The keen reforms of the Hohenzollern rulers built Prussia into a fearsome state; one that would later form the backbone of modern Germany.
4. Peter the Great & the Westernization of Russia: Facts & History
In this lesson, we explore the reign of arguably Russia's greatest monarch, Peter the Great. We'll also look at the westernization of Russian life and government that he implemented.
5. The Partition of Poland: History, Timeline & Causes
In this lesson, we explore the 3-part Partition of Poland, where Austria, Russia and Prussia divided Polish territory among themselves in the late 18th century until Poland ceased to exist.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Western Civilization Since 1648: Homework Help Resource course
- Western European Absolutism (1648-1715): Homework Help
- Empire and Expansion in the 18th Century: Homework Help
- The Scientific Revolution (1500-1790): Homework Help
- The French Revolution & Napoleon (1780-1815): Homework Help
- Industrialization From 1700-1900: Homework Help
- Political Developments From 1760-1848: Homework Help
- The Age of Nationalism: Homework Help
- European Life and Trends From 1850-1914: Homework Help
- Imperialism in the 19th and 20th Centuries: Homework Help
- World War I (1914-1919): Homework Help
- The Years Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II (1939-1945): Homework Help
- Western Civilization Since 1945: Homework Help