About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other abnormal psychology work.
- Identify the eating disorders in abnormal psychology concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our abnormal psychology tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about eating disorders in abnormal psychology and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding anorexia, bulimia, binge eating or any other eating disorders in abnormal psychology topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their psychology learning
- Prefer learning psychology visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their eating disorders in abnormal psychology unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in abnormal psychology
- Don't have access to their psychology teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about eating disorders in abnormal psychology simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live abnormal psychology tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about eating disorders in abnormal psychology on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Compare and contrast the current and historical views on eating disorders.
- Examine the causes and treatment of anorexia and bulimia.
- Understand how binge eating disorder contributes to obesity.
- Explore the risk factors and media influences of eating disorders.
1. Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) & Eating Disorders: Definition & Types
Many of us have something about our appearance that we'd like to change, but for some people these desires can develop into actual disorders. How are body dysmorphic disorder and eating disorders related? This lesson gives you a closer look at these disorders and the impact they can have on people.
2. What is Anorexia Nervosa? - Definition, Symptoms, Treatment and Prognosis
This lesson explores what anorexia nervosa is and why it is so dangerous. It covers common symptoms seen in children who may develop anorexia as well as what anorexia will do to those who suffer from it.
3. What is Bulimia Nervosa? - Definition, Symptoms, Treatment and Prognosis
This lesson explores bulimia as well as challenges many common misconceptions of bulimia. Specifically, this lesson describes the diagnostic requirements, the subtypes, and the treatments known to help with bulimia.
4. Binge Eating Disorder and Obesity: Definition, Discussion and Treatment
Binge-eating disorders are difficult to confront, but can be relatively easy to treat. This lesson explores some of the causes and issues related to binge-eating disorder, as well as to obesity in general.
5. What Causes Eating Disorders? - Risk Factors and Cultural Perspectives
This lesson takes a broad look at the causes of eating disorders. In addition, this lesson looks at what causes individuals to face higher or lower incidence rates of eating disorders.
6. Emotional Eating Disorder
In this lesson, we'll talk about a condition known as emotional eating disorder, where sufferers use food to deal with emotions like depression, sadness, or boredom. This can lead to health complications like obesity and heart disease.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution course
- Introduction to Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Research Methods in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Clinical Research of Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- The Biological Model of Abnormality: Tutoring Solution
- The Psychodynamic Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Behavioral/Learning Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Cognitive Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Humanistic-Existential Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Sociocultural Model of Abnormal Behavior: Tutoring Solution
- The Diathesis-Stress Model: Tutoring Solution
- Clinical Assessment: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Anxiety Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Mood Disorders of Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Stress Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Somatoform Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Dissociative Disorders in Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Sexual and Gender Identity Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Substance Use Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Psychotic Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Cognitive Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Life-Span Development Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Personality Disorders in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Factitious Disorders: Tutoring Solution
- Treatment in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution
- Legal and Ethical Issues in Abnormal Psychology: Tutoring Solution