About This Chapter
Education, Development & Care Throughout Life - Chapter Summary
Building a quality understanding of education, care and development throughout a person's lifetime is easy with help from this entertaining chapter. By studying bite-sized lessons, you can gain greater insight into early childhood education, various learning styles and more. Once you've completed this chapter, you will be ready to:
- List and discuss different types of childcare programs
- Share the benefits of early childhood education
- Define and discuss programs linked to early childhood intervention
- Identify and describe different learning styles
- Exhibit knowledge of Super's stages of occupational development
- Explain the psychological effects of the stages of retirement
- Provide information about community-based health care services for the elderly
- Discuss the basics of institutional care for older adults
In addition to gaining a quality understanding of these concepts through the lessons, feel free to take accompanying quizzes to gauge your comprehension. Our subject-matter experts can answer any questions you have about specific lesson topics. To assess your overall knowledge of this chapter, be sure to take our practice exam. Around-the-clock access to these resources allows you to study and prepare for your exam during the timeframes that suit your schedule.
1. Types of Childcare Programs
Childcare decisions can be difficult due to the myriad options. This lesson offers a breakdown of the main questions to consider when looking for childcare. Options associated with each question are explained in the lesson.
2. Early Childhood Education: Programs and Benefits
Many children go to preschool or Head Start as part of their early childhood. In this lesson, we'll look at what early childhood education is and two developmental reasons why it can be beneficial: brain development and the zone of proximal development.
3. What is Early Childhood Intervention? - Benefits & Programs
Wondering why everyone is buzzing about early childhood intervention? Read on to learn about the many benefits of early childhood intervention and programs offering these services.
4. What are Learning Styles? - Types & Concept
In this lesson, study the concept of learning styles and two well-known models used to show differing learning modes. Explore the implications various learning styles have on education and teaching.
5. Super's Stages of Occupational Development: Definition & Examples
Donald Super devised a developmental stage theory involving one's personal growth, acquisition of skills, and general development towards working. We will explore those stages in this lesson.
6. The Stages of Retirement: Psychological Effects & Examples
Many workers assume that retirement is the end point, but it's really just another phase in life. As such, retirees often go through certain stages. In this lesson, we'll examine each stage, from pre-retirement to the end of retirement.
7. Community-Based Health Care Services for the Elderly
Many people work hard to bring health care to elderly patients without making them travel to the doctor. Watch this video to find out about community-based health care options for the elderly, including what they are and common types of them.
8. Institutional Care for Older Adults
As people age, staying in their home is not always possible. In this lesson, we'll explore institutional care for older adults, including examining different types of institutional care and how to know if a person is ready for it.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CLEP Human Growth and Development: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Theoretical Approaches to Human Growth and Development
- Research Methods and the Study of Human Growth and Development
- Genetic Influences on Development
- Biological Development
- Sensory and Perceptual Development
- Cognition and Cognitive Development
- Creativity and Intelligence Development
- Basic Principles of Learning
- Language Development Overview
- Social Development
- Social Relationship Development
- Society, Family, Technology & Development
- Personality and Emotion
- Atypical Development
- CLEP Human Growth and Development Flashcards
- Additional CLEP Human Growth and Development Flashcards