About This Chapter
Educational Technology for All Learners - Chapter Summary
Being in the technology age, a teacher must be comfortable with using technology in the classroom to benefit his or her students. The lessons in this chapter go over how educational technology benefits all students. You will find information on the following in this chapter:
- Brain-based teaching strategies
- Benefits of technology in education
- Assistive technology
- Assistive technology for disabled students
Our lessons are filled with a great deal of information that highlights terms and phrases to emphasize importance. As an educator, we understand that you have a busy schedule, so our lessons are short, yet informative. You also have the ability to access our lessons wherever it is most convenient for you.
How It Helps
- Engages learning: By incorporating the information in this chapter, you will learn how important technology is in the classroom and how it can support learning.
- Enhance your classroom: When you use technology in your classroom, you can enhance the learning experience for all of the students in ways you couldn't do in the past.
- Meet the special needs students may have: Technology can be used to support students who have special needs.
Upon successful completion of this chapter, you will have the techniques and tools to:
- Understand the benefits of using technology in the classroom
- Discover a specific type of technology that can be used to educate students
- Assist students will special needs by applying technology to their educational instruction
1. Brain-Based Teaching Strategies for the Digital Age
This lesson will examine the basic principles of brain-based learning, and demonstrate how those principles can be integrated with digital classroom tools.
2. Benefits of Technology in the Classroom
This lesson highlights some benefits of using technology in the classroom and includes examples teachers can use to easily integrate technology into their classroom. After you learn about these things, you'll be able to test your knowledge with a quiz!
3. Assistive Technology in the Classroom: Types & Uses
Students with disabilities benefit from using assistive technology. In this lesson, you will learn why assistive technology is used and the different types of assistive technology that are available.
4. Assistive Technology for Disabled Students
Assistive technology gives disabled students the tools they need to thrive in the classroom. This lesson explores some common examples of assistive technology.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Strategies for Teaching with Technology course
- Technology & the 21st Century Classroom
- Using Technology to Improve Teaching & Learning
- Software Resources for Students in the Classroom
- Using Educational Technology in the Classroom
- Technology & Early Childhood Education
- Educational Technology for Specific Subjects
- Computer Science Overview for Young Learners
- Trends in Educational Technology