About This Chapter
Educational Technology for Specific Subjects - Chapter Summary
In this chapter we'll show you how you can use technology to enrich your lessons in several different subjects. You'll discover:
- How technology is used in math classrooms
- How you can use phone apps to enrich your students' mathematics learning
- Different technological options available to ELA, science, and foreign language teachers
- What technology can do to improve your students' understanding of music lessons
How It Helps
- Increased Versatility: With a better understanding of how to incorporate technology into your lesson plans you'll be much more versatile when teaching, making it easier for you to meet the educational needs of your students.
- More Entertaining Lesson Plans: Your students will love seeing fun phone apps incorporated into your lesson plans, making them more attentive and productive.
- More Thorough Comprehension: Using technology can give your students the opportunity to dig deep into the subject, with a truly hands-on approach that pays respect to the modern age.
By the end of the chapter you'll be able to:
- Incorporate technology in your math lessons
- Use phone apps and games to enrich your student's mathematics education
- Utilize technology in an ELA classroom
- Apply different methods for using technology to improve your science lesson plans
- Understand why foreign language classrooms are an ideal choice for using technology to assist your students
- See how technology can improve your lessons even in the most unexpected places, like musical studies
1. Math Technology in the Classroom
Teachers use lots of tools to keep students engaged and active learners. Math class is no exception, and technology is a great way to hook learners. This lesson examines how math technology can be used in pre-K through 12 classrooms.
2. Using Math Game Apps with Students
Using games as an educational tool isn't a new concept, but using apps to engage learners is.In this lesson, you'll get up-to-date information about apps that can be used to supplement the math classroom.
3. Technology in the ELA Classroom
Is it possible to keep every student in your ELA classroom engaged regardless of their learning level? Absolutely! This lesson is designed to define and describe technological applications that can help students in ELA.
4. Technology in the Science Classroom
Technology integration in the science classroom can be approached in several different ways. In this lesson, we'll look at technology integration from a conventional inquiry-based instruction approach, as well as the levels of technology integration that can be applied to the science classroom.
5. Technology in the Foreign Language Classroom
We all know that teachers use technology in classrooms every day across the nation. What about foreign language classrooms? How does technology enhance learning another language? Read on to find out.
6. Technology in the Music Classroom
When you think of something artistic like music, you may assume it has no use for technology, but this isn't the case. Using technology in the music classroom has many advantages. Let's learn about some ways technology can enhance music education.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Strategies for Teaching with Technology course
- Technology & the 21st Century Classroom
- Using Technology to Improve Teaching & Learning
- Software Resources for Students in the Classroom
- Educational Technology for All Learners
- Using Educational Technology in the Classroom
- Technology & Early Childhood Education
- Computer Science Overview for Young Learners
- Trends in Educational Technology