About This Chapter
Effects of Exercise - Chapter Summary
Boost your confidence as you aspire to gain full understanding of the effects of exercise. Make sure you know all you need to by reviewing fun lessons that explore the definitions, goals and benefits of different types of exercise and physical activity. Also, get a good grasp of the impact exercise has on our mental state and overall health. After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Define and describe the goals of exercise physiology
- Discuss the goals and benefits of anaerobic and aerobic exercise
- Explain the benefits of regular physical activity
- Describe the benefits of exercise on the developing brain
- Share ways diet and exercise affect health and chronic conditions
- Identify ways inactivity affects human body systems
Tailor the resources in this chapter to your unique learning and study needs. Review the lessons any time, day or night, from your computer or mobile devices. Access them in any sequence and read or watch them as often as you desire. When you're ready to assess your knowledge of the effects of exercise, take short quizzes and a chapter exam. Gain more information about lesson topics by submitting questions to our experts.
1. Exercise Physiology: Definition & Goals
In this lesson, you will learn about exercise physiology and the role it plays in fitness. You'll also learn about the areas of specialization and goals of exercise physiology.
2. Anaerobic Exercise: Definition, Benefits & Examples
In this lesson, you will learn about anaerobic exercise and its health benefits. In addition, you will obtain knowledge of the various types of anaerobic workouts.
3. What Is Aerobic Exercise? - Definition, Benefits & Examples
In this lesson, you'll learn about the characteristics of aerobic exercise and its many health benefits. You will also read about examples of different types of aerobic workouts.
4. The Benefits of Regular Physical Activity: Mental Health, Stress & Life Span
The mind and body can greatly benefit from even 30 minutes of exercise a day. Find out exactly what impact regular exercise can have on your mind, body, and lifespan in this video lesson.
5. The Benefits of Exercise on the Developing Brain
The brain continues to change as you age and develop. This lesson examines the interaction of exercise with the brain, and subsequent changes to cognition.
6. How Diet and Exercise Affect Health and Chronic Conditions
Here we will discuss how the elements of diet and exercise can reduce the risk or the severity of a chronic condition or disease. We look specifically at diet and how it can be great, good, okay or terrible. Exercise can be excessive, incorrect, correct or absent.
7. How Inactivity Affects Human Body Systems
Physical inactivity affects you inside and out from head to toe. This lesson discusses how a lack of exercise can lead to a variety of physical disorders in many of your body systems.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the CSET Physical Education Subtest I (129): Practice & Study Guide course
- About the CSET Physical Education Test
- Physical Fitness & Development
- Motor Learning & Development
- Body Systems
- Motion & Movement
- Components of Wellness
- Physical Fitness Testing & Prescription
- Safety, Injury Prevention & First Aid
- Physiological Principles of Fitness
- Physical Education Class Planning
- Physical Individual & Team Activities
- Positive Effects of Fitness
- Physical Education Student Assessments
- CSET Physical Education Subtest 1 Flashcards