About This Chapter
Egrets for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
Parents and teachers who need to teach their elementary school students about egrets can use the fun and engaging lessons in this chapter. Our expert instructors use a kid-friendly and approachable teaching style, and they cover fun facts about different types of egrets, including great egrets and snowy egrets. The chapter comes with quizzes you can assign to your students, and you can evaluate their understanding of the lesson topics by having them complete the included multiple-choice chapter exam.
- Facts about egrets
- Great egrets
- Snowy egrets
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about egrets will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about egrets.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding facts about egrets
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about different types of egrets
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about egrets
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra resources about animals
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the egret topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about egrets.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands egret facts by administering the Egrets for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Egret Facts: Lesson for Kids
In this lesson, we'll learn about the egret. Find out why egrets were hunted, what was done to save these beautiful animals, and some facts about specific kinds of egrets.
2. Great Egret Facts: Lesson for Kids
Do you know the difference between a heron and an egret? Read this lesson to find out about the Great Egret, what it has to do with herons, and why it almost became extinct.
3. Snowy Egret Facts: Lesson for Kids
Snowy egrets are a snow-white variety of heron. In this lesson, learn about the physical characteristics, habitat, diet, and life cycle of a snowy egret.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- What Animals Eat for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School