About This Chapter
Eighth Grade TEKS - Chapter Summary
Use this chapter as a teaching resource to learn practical strategies that you can use in the classroom to make your eighth grade lesson plans align with TEKS. Of the various topics covered in this chapter, some of them include:
- Applying TEKS to 8th grade math lessons
- Building science curriculum to uphold state guidelines
- Addressing academic standards in social studies lessons
- Matching TEKS guidelines with reading activities
- Developing history lessons that promote academic principles
- Standards-compliant 8th grade curriculum design
Regardless of which field of specialty you teach to eighth graders, this chapter can give you guidance. Field-specific lessons offer focused strategies, and the more general lessons, such as the one about eighth grade curriculum design, can help you build lesson plans that meet the standards across the board. This chapter may also prove useful for administrators who need to have a full breadth of understanding, and who would therefore need to brush up on all eighth grade TEKS guidelines.
How It Helps
- Reduces teacher stress: Guideline compliance can make teachers worry about the quality of their curriculum, but these lessons provide easy-to-follow instructions that make compliance simple.
- Provides pre-made plans: As an educator, you have plenty of responsibilities already on your plate, so these pre-designed lessons and tips can help you use your time more efficiently.
- Offers effective strategies: Instead of searching for ways to incorporate the standards, our teaching resources give you strategies that have been designed by experts and are proven to work in the classroom environment.
By finishing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Comprehend state standards to build 8th grade math activities
- Decipher guideline goals for implementing better science lessons
- Explain the social studies standards in accordance with TEKS
- Establish reading activity criteria to meet state guidelines
- Integrate TEKS while developing lessons for history classes
- Increase standards awareness for designing 8th grade curriculum
1. Aligning 8th Grade Math with TEKS
If you are an eighth-grade math teacher in Texas, you probably think a lot about how to prepare your students for high school math. This lesson offers an overview of the eighth-grade math standards with an eye toward aligning your curriculum.
2. Aligning 8th Grade Science with TEKS
If you teach eighth grade science in Texas, you probably think a lot about how to align your curriculum with TEKS. This lesson offers ideas for how you can do that while ensuring critical thought and scientific work.
3. Aligning 8th Grade Social Studies with TEKS
Teaching social studies is a great way to get your students involved in civic life. This lesson offers a careful look at the eighth-grade social studies standards in Texas, with the goal of making it easier for you to align your curriculum.
4. 8th Grade Reading TEKS Lesson Alignment
The TEKS are the required state standards in Texas. This lesson will help you understand where to locate the TEKS, how to read and understand them, and how to align them with your curriculum.
5. Aligning 8th Grade History with TEKS
If you teach eighth grade in Texas, you probably think a lot about how to align your curriculum and instruction with the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills. This lesson focuses on the history strand of the social studies curriculum with an eye toward helping you plan.
6. Eighth Grade Curriculum Planning with TEKS
Planning a curriculum using TEKS does not have to be overwhelming. This lesson looks at the eighth grade requirements with an eye toward making life easier for teachers.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Resources for Texas Educators course