About This Chapter
Elements of a Successful Team - Chapter Summary
Business teams that work together are able to work efficiently to solve problems, meet organizational goals and contribute to the overall success of the company. You can use the lessons in this chapter to help your employees learn about the elements that make up a successful team. Specifically, these videos discuss:
- Team communication
- Fundamentals of open group communication
- Trust-building exercises
- Developing and maintaining successful relationships
- Forming a cohesive group
This lesson is made up of multiple short videos that use colorful graphics and real-world examples to help your employees understand and retain the information. They can be viewed as part of a group corporate training activity, or you can have your employees watch them by themselves on any computer or mobile device. Each video has a corresponding multiple-choice quiz that you can use to assess their comprehension.
How It Helps
- Improves performance: Teams that utilize an open communication process have trust, respect and commitment, which enables them to better work together to meet common goals.
- Builds trust: After utilizing the trust-building activities in this lessons, your employees should be beginning to establish and build trust with one another.
- Promotes teamwork: The principles covered in this chapter help employees to see the benefits and characteristics of a successful relationship, which can help them commit to developing and maintaining their own business relationships.
By the end of this chapter, your employees will be able to:
- Explain the keys to communicating in a team-based organization
- Know the four elements essential to group communication
- Describe ways to build trust within a business team
- Outline the characteristics of successful business relationships
- Understand the importance of a cohesive group
1. Communicating in Team-Based Organizations
The key to successful teams is the ability to communicate effectively. All business teams must learn to communicate, listen, ask questions and offer feedback.
2. Trust Building in Business Teams: Definition, Activities & Exercises
Trust building in business teams is essential to any organization. Team building activities can help members of the team trust one another. Trust within a team can build quickly with the right activities.
3. Practical Application: Identifying Ineffective Group Communication
Collaboration depends on effective communication. But not every team communicates well. What leads to ineffective communication and what can be done about it? These scenarios help you identify the factors.
4. Successful Relationships: Characteristics, Development & Maintenance
Be it work, friends, or family, making a relationship work is hard. Creating a solid relationship isn't much easier. This lesson will point out the characteristics of solid relationships and some advice for developing and maintaining them.
5. Becoming a Cohesive Group: Using Team Building to Increase Group Cohesion
Have you ever wondered why some groups seem to work better together than others? In this lesson you will learn what it means to be a cohesive group and how team building activities can be used to increase group cohesion.
6. Practical Application: Choosing the Right Team Building Activity
Team working environments can present unique challenges. Sometimes, it calls for the right team-building activity to get things back on track. Here, you'll be asked to find a solution for three team scenarios.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Building & Launching a Successful Team course