About This Chapter
Elements of Data - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find a collection of easy-to-follow lessons covering the elements of data that you can assign to employees. The lessons cover topics including the different types of data and the differences between them. These self-paced lessons and quizzes allow your team members to work at their own speed, go back and review any concepts that they need and then test themselves on what they've learned.
How It Helps
- Simplifies training: This chapter on the elements of data works equally well whether you need to train a new employee or lead a company-wide meeting.
- Offers concrete definitions: Employees can review the definitions of such important concepts as structured and unstructured data, smart data and data quality.
- Provides strategies: After working through this chapter, your employees should have the resources they need to interpret marketing data and address quality issues in data warehouses.
When your employees have completed this chapter, they should be able to:
- Define the different types and sources of data
- Interpret marketing data accurately
- Explain the importance of data quality
- Outline data quality issues in data warehouses
- Differentiate between structured and unstructured data
- Identify the uses for smart data
1. What are Data? - Types, Sources & Definition
In this lesson, learn what data are and compare different types. Understanding how to represent and organize data is a key element of using a computer.
2. How to Interpret Marketing Data
Interpreting marketing data requires a clear focus on what you need or want to learn from that data, as well an objective eye. This lesson describes the types of data collection that are most common and the questions to consider when reviewing analyzed data.
3. What is Data Quality? - Definition & Importance
Data Quality is an important area in today's world. It tells us how well we've accomplished something and whether we've done it the right way. In this lesson, we'll take a look at its various aspects, and uses.
4. Data Quality Issues in Data Warehouses
In this lesson, we will be looking at what data, data quality and data warehousing is all about. We will also learn about how data quality issues affects in Data Warehouses.
5. Structured vs. Unstructured Data: Definition & Examples
In this lesson you will learn what structured and unstructured data are and how they are different. You will also see how both are used and see some examples of each type of data.
6. Smart Data: Definition & Uses
This lesson goes over something known as smart data. You'll learn what it is, how it contrasts with big data, its uses, and see an example of it in action.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Data Science for Marketing course