About This Chapter
Elements of the Global Business Environment - Chapter Summary
This chapter's lessons examine how local management styles differ from what is required in the international market. Our instructors discuss the importance of global trade, ethical concerns and the impact of globalization on supply chain management. Your managerial employees will study the following:
- How to adopt a global perspective in management
- The role of the global market and global trade
- Business-government collaboration
- Impact of globalization on operations and supply chain management
- Ethics in international business
These lessons look at how globalization is changing the way managers work. Quizzes at the end of each lesson let your employees check their knowledge or, in a corporate training session, discuss topics with their colleagues.
How It Helps
- Develops managerial skills: These videos can help your managerial employees see why they need to adopt new perspectives when working in the international economy.
- Promotes business-government partnerships: Managers can explore ways businesses and governments may work together to the benefit of each.
- Explores ethical issues: Understanding the ethical issues that may arise in international business, such as corruptions and environmental hazards, can often head off problems before they begin.
After watching these lessons, your managerial employees should be ready to:
- Understand how managers must adjust their skills to the global market
- Discuss why global trade is vital to fulfilling demand for goods and services
- Analyze ways business and government can cooperate
- Explain how operations and supply chain management are impacted by globalization
- Examine ethical issues that may arise in international business
1. Global Perspective of Management: Definition & Concept
Today's fast-paced, Internet-driven business environment calls for more than just a local perspective of management. Highly effective managers need to see things based on how their company functions in the big picture of the new global economy.
2. The Importance of the Global Market and Global Trade: Role & Advantages
We all need resources, products and service to live and thrive. Sometimes these things are not readily available locally. In this lesson, you'll learn about the importance of international trade and globalization in fulfilling our needs and wants.
3. Government-Business Relations in Global Business
Government-business relations have an impact on international businesses. In this lesson, we will discuss how businesses can work collaboratively with governments and the civil sector to address global issues.
4. Globalization's Impact on Operations & Supply Chain Management
Globalization's impact on operations and supply chain management is multifaceted. In this lesson, we will discuss four impacted areas: procurement and sourcing methods, inventory management, distribution facility locations, and transportation.
5. Ethical Issues in International Business
Corporations that tackle the global market face many difficulties. In this lesson, we will examine the ethical issues in international business, such as corruption, pollution, and environmental challenges.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Managing Business in a Global Environment course