About This Chapter
Email Marketing Best Practices - Chapter Summary
Review the significance of putting together an email list, ways to use CRM to help customer acquisition, and more by viewing the brief lessons in this chapter. Multiple-choice quizzes are at the conclusion of each lesson and help you test yourself on the concepts you've reviewed. In addition to the subjects named above, you will also encounter these:
- Definition of email marketing
- Customer Relationship Management
- Text and graphics of email marketing design
- Popular links and click-through data
Your questions about the lessons or quizzes can be sent to your instructor by using the Help tab. The lessons are mobile-friendly, and the worksheets can be printed out if you'd like to study away from your mobile device. The chapter is not timed, so you can work at your own pace.
1. What is Email Marketing? - Definition & Types
Email marketing is a common and effective method to communicate with customers. This lesson explains the use and benefits of email marketing as part of the marketing strategy.
2. The Importance of Building an Email List
Businesses and individuals use email lists in a variety of ways. In this lesson, we'll explore what email lists are and their importance, offline methods you can use to build your lists, and how to avoid email churn and fatigue.
3. Customer Relationship Management and Marketing Technology
Customer relationship management helps companies retain customers and boost the effectiveness of their marketing strategies. Watch this video to see how customer relationship management is guided by technology to provide the most appropriate level of customer service.
4. Using CRM to Improve Marketing & Customer Acquisition
This lesson will discuss customer relationship management. You'll learn how to use customer relationship management to enhance marketing strategies and expand customer base.
5. Email Marketing Design: Text, Graphics, Audio & Video Components
Reaching customers through email marketing is a critical component of a marketing plan. In this lesson, you'll learn about the design elements of an effective email message, including text selection, images, audio/video, readability and graphics.
6. Click-Through Data, Popular Links & Link Placement
Understanding how to build an email that will achieve the best results can be a helpful marketing practice. In this lesson, you'll learn more about evaluating click-through data, popular links and link placement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional course
- Introduction to Marketing Strategies
- Content Marketing
- Conversion Rate Marketing
- Mobile Marketing Overview
- Search Engine Optimization in Marketing
- Paid Search (PPC) in Marketing
- Marketing with Social Media
- Web Analytics in Marketing
- OMCP Exam Study Guide - Online Marketing Certified Professional Flashcards