About This Chapter
Email Marketing & Customer Acquisition - Chapter Summary
This chapter outlines how to carry out customer acquisition and various e-mail marketing techniques such as conversion rates and subscribe/unsubscribe rates. Lesson topics include:
- The definition of customer acquisition
- Cost of customer acquisition
- Customer retention vs. acquisition
- Average conversion rates
- Customer relationship management
- Customer retention rates
- Customer marketing
To make sure employees are on the same page in regards to customer acquisition, these video lessons and transcripts provide techniques and strategies that are used in this type of marketing. Multiple-choice quizzes follow each lesson to affirm employees' understanding of these concepts while a chapter test provides a more comprehensive assessment of the lesson topics.
How It Helps
- Encourages specific techniques: Employees who are aware of the techniques taught in this chapter, will learn various ways to successfully market to customers.
- Promotes customer relations: Marketing employees who are more in tune with their customers, will help improve sales and customer satisfaction.
- Encourages teamwork: Employees who understand the lessons in this chapter could be able to work better with others.
By the end of this chapter, employees will be able to do the following:
- Define customer acquisition
- Understand how customer acquisition affects marketing
- Explain the strategies used to increase customer acquisition
- Understand e-mail marketing conversion rates
- Identify what an average conversion rate is
- Distinguish the differences between subscribe and unsubscribe rates
- Compare customer acquisition and customer retention
- Outline how customer relationships relate to e-mail marketing
1. Customer Acquisition: Definition, Cost & Examples
Growing a business requires alerting potential customers to your products and services, building a new audience for your offerings, and closing the sale. By applying the principles in this lesson, you can learn how to implement customer acquisition actions to expand your company.
2. Customer Acquisition & Marketing
Customer acquisition and marketing are used together to help generate more business. In this lesson, we will discuss how to utilize content marketing, search engine optimization, and email marketing.
3. Customer Acquisition: Strategies, Methods & Analytics
Acquiring customers can be challenging unless you use an effective customer acquisition strategy. This lesson explains how to create a customer acquisition strategy that will help you build your business.
4. Email Marketing Conversion Rates
A conversion rate in email marketing gives you the big picture of how your campaign is performing. In this lesson, you'll learn more about email marketing conversion rates.
5. Average Conversion Rate: Websites & Landing Pages
Looking at your conversion rate can tell you how many people are completing an offer. In this lesson, you'll learn more about average conversion rates for websites and landing pages.
6. Subscribe vs Unsubscribe Rates
Subscribe and unsubscribe rates can show you what's working and what's not in your email marketing strategy. In this lesson, you'll learn more about subscribe and unsubscribe rates.
7. Customer Acquisition vs Customer Retention
Customer acquisition and customer retention are important to all companies. This lesson will describe the important differences between acquisition and retention.
8. Customer Relationship Management & Email Marketing
Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and email marketing help companies make sales easier. In this lesson, we will discuss how CRM facilitates sales utilizing one database and targeting.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.