About This Chapter
Emergent Strategy & Leadership - Chapter Summary
We've included short lessons on emergent strategy and leadership in this engaging corporate training chapter. Dole out these lessons individually or as an entire chapter to cover subjects such as the definition of emergent strategy, the difference between appointed and emergent leaders, and the relationship between purpose-driven and emergent leadership. This chapter works equally well when reviewed by your employees on an individual basis or when used for a group training purposes.
How It Helps
- Provides knowledge: Employees who are not familiar with emergent strategy or purpose-driven leadership will review these topics in detail here.
- Offers differentiation: The nuances of emergent strategy, including the difference between emergent and appointed leaders, helps employees gain greater understanding of these concepts so they can apply them correctly.
- Helps create strong teams: Strong leaders who understand the principles of business leadership lead stronger teams as a result.
Once your employees complete this chapter, they should be able to:
- Outline the advantages and disadvantages of emergent strategy
- Differentiate between appointed and emergent leaders
- Explain the relationship between purpose-driven and emergent leadership
1. Appointed vs. Emergent Leaders
This lesson describes the differences between an emergent and appointed leader. Theories describing how emergent leaders come about are detailed, and examples are provided. The importance of communication is highlighted.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.