About This Chapter
Emerging Modes of Business - Chapter Summary
Improve your comprehension of the emerging modes of business by reviewing this chapter. Our instructors examine all of the major modes of business, helping you go over such concepts like the technological innovations in business, consumer business conduct, security and privacy, and the scope of business process outsourcing. After you go through every lesson in this chapter, you will be ready to:
- Describe the impact of the Internet on business interactions and operations
- Differentiate the buying and selling of m-commerce and e-commerce
- Compare e-business enabled and e-business enhanced organizations
- Define the benefits and the process of an electronic funds transfer
- Explain the uses of smart cards
- Point out ethical concerns related to managing technology
- Offer examples of how outsourcing can prove beneficial
- Show the differences between knowledge process and business process outsourcing
If you need some practice before an upcoming commerce exam, challenge yourself to answer the multiple-choice style quizzes attached to every lesson we offer. Each quiz allows you to measure the extent of your knowledge concerning that lesson topic. The questions may ask you about business terminology, definitions, concept applications, true and false statements, and more.
1. The Internet's Impact on Business Operations & Interactions
In this lesson, you will learn how the Internet and other technological innovations have changed the way organizations operate and interact with their stakeholders.
2. e-commerce & m-commerce: Buying & Selling on the Web & Mobile Devices
E-commerce and m-commerce have transformed the way that organizations and consumers conduct business. Additional topics discussed in this lesson include B2B, B2C, C2C, and e-government.
3. E-Business Enhanced and E-Business Enabled Organizations
Businesses use the Internet in different ways. Some use it as a part of their business, while some use it to run the entire business. In this lesson, we will discuss the differences between e-business enhanced and e-business enabled businesses.
4. What is an Electronic Funds Transfer? - Definition, Process & Benefits
Learn about what electronic funds transfer is and all the ways you may use it in your daily life. Find out how the process differs from the older paper style and some of the many benefits that you can experience by adopting electronic funds transfer.
5. Smart Cards: Definition, Uses & Examples
Smart cards offer a slightly different way to pay for your purchases, while protecting your valuable personal information. In this lesson, you'll learn more about smart cards and how they're used.
6. Ethical Issues in Managing Technology in Business
It is a challenge for companies to balance the need for technology with the elements of privacy and security. Let's analyze some ethical issues, such as information security, balancing the privacy of employees with the need for monitoring employees, file sharing, and copyright infringement.
7. What is Outsourcing? - Definition & Benefits
Outsourcing is a strategy that can benefit a company's bottom line. In this lesson, you'll learn what outsourcing is and some of its benefits as well as look at an example.
8. Business Process vs. Knowledge Process Outsourcing
Outsourcing can be very beneficial to growing companies, but the type of outsourcing needed is a very important decision. In this lesson, we will discuss the difference between business process outsourcing and knowledge process outsourcing.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the ISC Commerce: Study Guide & Syllabus course
- Introduction to Indian Commercial Organization
- Forms of Indian Business Organizations
- Social Responsibility of Businesses
- Stock Exchange in India
- Types of Trade
- Understanding Foreign Trade
- Insurance & Risk Management Basics
- Business Environment Overview
- Types of Financing
- Management Theories & Functions
- Marketing in India
- ISC Commerce Flashcards