About This Chapter
Employee Training & Motivation - Chapter Summary
Whether you're looking to refresh or expand your knowledge of employee training and motivation basics, this chapter can help! By exploring our fun video lessons, you can study different training programs, ways to foster employee motivation and other related topics. After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Describe the steps involved in assessing the training needs of an organization
- List and discuss types of employee training programs
- Differentiate between mentoring, on-the-job and job rotation employee training methods
- Explain HR's role in fostering employee motivation
- Discuss different forms of rewards and incentive employee motivation programs
Review these lessons as videos that average just 8 minutes each or transcripts you can print or read on your computer, smartphone or tablet. Clickable timelines let you skip to key topics within the videos without watching them in full. Gauge your comprehension of employee training and motivation using our multiple-choice quizzes and practice exam. Our Dashboard keeps track of your progress through this chapter and makes it easy for you to submit lesson topic questions to our subject-matter experts.
1. Assessing Training Needs of an Organization
This lesson discusses the process of assessing the training needs of an organization, which begins with looking at what is presently being done there and comparing that to what needs to be done. New training plans can then be put into place, making it possible for managers to solve problems.
2. Types of Employee Training Programs
There are several types of employee training programs. Employees may receive basic literacy training, interpersonal skills training, technical training, problem-solving training and diversity or sensitivity training. Each type of training targets a different facet of an organization's overall culture and performance.
3. Methods for Training Employees: Mentoring, On-The-Job & Job Rotation
There are several different types of training methods used to acclimate an employee to a new job or even to a new position within his current organization. In this lesson, we'll discuss several different methods, including on-the-job training, job rotation and job mentoring.
4. Role of HR in Fostering Employee Motivation
This lesson describes the role of human resource teams and managers in fostering employee motivation. Using an HR manager as an example, this lesson discusses several ways human resources can increase and maintain employee motivation.
5. Employee Motivation Programs: Incentives and Reward Systems
Every individual is motivated by different things. Money, awards or even just public praise are all parts of motivation. In this lesson, we will dig a little deeper and look at the forms of incentive and rewards programs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Association of Legal Administrators CLM Exam: Study Guide course
- General Accounting Concepts
- Cost & Fixed Asset Accounting
- Organization Structures & Accounting
- Payroll Accounting
- Trust Accounting
- Banking & Investment Policies & Procedures
- Financing & Leasing in Accounting
- Financial Analysis & Reporting
- Budgeting & Model Building
- Principles of Business Planning
- Business Development
- Overview of Project Management
- Legal Industry Ethics, Liabilities & Insurance
- Introduction to Technology for Law Firms
- Law Office Facilities Management
- Workplace Health Issues
- Employee Hiring & Promotion
- Employee Compensation & Benefits
- Employee Performance Appraisal & Management
- Styles of Leadership
- Organizational Development & Management
- Association of Legal Administrators CLM Exam Flashcards