About This Chapter
Encouraging Workplace Diversity - Chapter Summary
Ensure your managers are ready and able to encourage diversity in your organization by taking advantage of the informative lessons in this chapter. The lessons cover topics like the importance of diversity in recruiting and ways to assess organizational diversity. This chapter also closely examines diverse workforce management and processes involved in engaging the inclusive workforce.
This chapter enables you to share all lessons with your managers or select specific lessons that align with your training needs. If any managers would like to access lessons outside of training, this chapter is available 24/7 via any computer, smartphone or tablet with Internet access. Multiple-choice quizzes make it easy for managers to confirm their knowledge of key concepts covered in the lessons.
How It Helps
- Discusses roles and impact: Lessons explain the role of leadership in managing a diverse workforce and the impact of diversity in recruiting.
- Offers strategies: This chapter offers strategies your managers can use to engage the inclusive workforce.
- Strengthens your organization: Ensuring your managers have the knowledge and skills to effectively encourage workplace diversity and inclusion can enhance relationships and strengthen your organization.
By the end of this chapter, your managers will be ready to:
- Explain the importance and effects of diversity in recruiting
- Describe the role of leadership in managing a diverse workforce
- Utilize strategies for engaging an inclusive workforce
- Outline best practices for assessing organizational diversity
1. Diversity in Recruiting: Importance & Impact
A diverse workplace tends to be more effective because it leverages the wide range of knowledge, skills, and experiences that are brought to the table. This lesson discusses the importance of diversity recruitment and its impact on this process.
2. Leadership's Role in Managing a Diverse Workforce
Learn more about how to lead a diverse workforce in this lesson. This lesson details the challenges faced by leaders, provides examples of each challenge, and offers solutions on how to overcome these challenges.
3. Engaging the Inclusive Workforce: Strategies & Processes
Creating a culture that promotes inclusion and diversity is essential in today's workplace. This lesson will focus on strategies and processes that help managers successfully promote the engagement of an inclusive workforce.
4. Practical Application: Assessing Organizational Diversity
A diverse organization provides the expertise that only people from a varied background can bring. Use this assessment to help you see where your organization stands in terms of organizational diversity.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.