About This Chapter
Engaging & Motivating Employees - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, your organization's executive leaders will review strategies for engaging and motivating employees in the workplace. As your executives work through these simple and professionally presented lessons, they'll study a variety of employee motivation theories, as well as strategies for developing more positive relationships with their employees. The chapter is accessible 24/7, which makes it easy for busy executives to review the material whenever they have a few free minutes. We've also included short quizzes throughout the chapter to help your executives reinforce their understanding of the lesson concepts.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: Employees who finish the chapter will become more aware of employee motivation and empowerment concepts.
- Discusses advantages and disadvantages: The chapter shows executives some of the positive and negative aspects of employee empowerment.
- Improves employee performance: The chapter can help your company's executives empower employees, which can have a positive effect on employee performance.
By the end of the chapter, your company's executives should be able to:
- Explain how changes in executive perspective can affect employee engagement
- Evaluate several employee motivation theories, factors and methods
- Discuss the pros and cons of employee empowerment
- Develop positive relationships with employees
- Improve employee performance and empower employees
1. Changes in Executive Perspective on Employee Engagement
The lesson discusses how company executives have started to pay more attention to employee engagement over the last few decades, and how this has become important to growth of businesses.
2. What Is Employee Motivation? - Theories, Methods & Factors
Motivated employees are essential to the success of an organization. In this lesson, you'll learn about some theories of motivation, methods and factors to consider. You'll have a chance to take a short quiz after the lesson.
3. Employee Empowerment: Definition, Advantages & Disadvantages
In this lesson, you will learn about employee empowerment, including its different approaches, advantages and disadvantages. You will also have an opportunity to take a brief quiz after the lesson to reinforce your knowledge.
4. How Senior Management Develops Positive Relationships with Employees
Building rapport between employees and management can strengthen an organization. In this lesson, you'll find some strategies for increasing trust and building relationships that will benefit your business.
5. How to Empower Employees & Improve Employee Performance
Empowered employees have the potential to reach high levels of productivity because they feel in control of their jobs. This lesson will describe how a manager can empower an employee to motivate employee performance.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Empowering Employees for Executives course