About This Chapter
Engineering Tools & Design - Chapter Summary
Utilize the lessons in this chapter to ensure you're well informed on engineering tools and design. Strengthen your understanding of technology, engineering, product design and much more. Reviewing the lessons at your leisure helps you absorb information at a comfortable pace and enables you to:
- Describe technology systems and the principles on which they are constructed
- Define and identify types of engineering
- List the steps of the engineering design cycle
- Discuss tools, practices and tests used by engineers to provide solutions
- Explain the impact technology has on culture in the global age
A wide variety of resources are available in this chapter to ensure you fully understand engineering tools and design concepts. In addition to the video and text lessons, short multiple-choice quizzes are available to assess your knowledge of the topics you review. A chapter exam is also available to reinforce lesson concepts. If you need additional details about the lessons, be sure to submit your questions to our experts.
1. What is a Technological System?
After reading this lesson, you'll understand how important technological systems are in daily life and how you really can't live without these technological systems that are in place today.
2. What is Engineering? - Definition & Types
Engineering has changed the world. Learn what engineering is and about the main types of engineering, and then brainstorm a few of the problems engineering might solve in the future in this lesson.
3. Steps of the Engineering Design Cycle
Learn about the steps an engineer takes to design, build, and optimize a product, also called the engineering design cycle. See what you've picked up with a quiz.
4. How Technology Impacts Culture in the Global Age
In this lesson, you will explore the impacts of modern technology on the development of global culture and discover what this may mean for us. Then, test your understanding with a brief quiz.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the NYSTCE CST Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers (241/242/245): Practice & Study Guide course
- Language & Literacy Development
- Language Structures & Literacy Development
- English Morphology, Vocabulary & Grammar
- Understanding Literacy Instruction
- Literacy Assessments
- Text Comprehension Instruction Techniques
- Teaching & Assessing Reading Skills
- Types & Analysis of Literature & Nonfiction
- Writing Instruction Techniques
- Speaking, Listening & Presentation Instruction
- New York Common Core Learning Standards
- Rational & Real Number Systems
- Number Operations & Theory Concepts
- Ratios & Rate Reasoning
- Proportion: Theories & Practical Applications
- Basics of Algebra
- Polynomial Operations
- Basics of Functions
- Composing Functions
- Measurement & Geometry Basics
- Advanced Middle School Geometry
- Data, Probability & Statistics
- Math Instruction & Assessment
- Scientific Inquiry & Laboratory Safety
- Weather, Geology & the Earth
- Matter, Energy & Force
- Characteristics of Life
- STEM Connections
- Historical Events & New York History
- Geographic Concepts
- Human Development & Interactions
- Civics & Economics in America
- American Government & Civic Duties
- Social Studies Skills
- Visual Arts, Music, Theatre & Dance
- Health, Safety & Well-Being
- Physical & Health Education
- Family & Child Development
- Consumer Economics Overview
- Teacher Career Development
- NYSTCE CST Multi-Subject - Secondary Teachers Flashcards