About This Chapter
Ensuring High Availability in Windows Server 2016 Installations - Chapter Summary
Those who are working to install Windows Server 2016 will need to make sure that high availability and recovery options are available to end users. This chapter helps network professionals or those preparing for this role to fully understand how to accomplish these tasks by exploring recovery processes and tools, dependability processes, and much more. The lessons are quick and informative, and worksheets included with each lesson ensure that you're getting the practice you need to master the content. When you have completed this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain the five facets of dependability of a network system
- Discuss network load balancing
- Install network load balancing nodes in Windows 2016
- Understand the steps for disaster recovery
- Utilize PowerShell commands to achieve and configure high availability
1. Dependability Properties of Systems: Principles & Purpose
In this lesson, we will define dependability (trustworthiness) of an information system. You will be able to explain the five facets of dependability and the importance of this measure.
2. Network Load Balancing (NLB) in Windows Servers 2016: Definition & Installation
In this lesson, we will discuss Network Load Balancing in Windows Server 2016. We will review how Network Load Balancing works as well as some of the system requirements. Additionally, we will review the steps for installing and configuring Network Load Balancing on a system.
3. Implementing High Availability & Disaster Recovery in Windows Server 2016: Process & Tools
In this lesson, we will, firstly, learn about disaster recovery methods and tools in the context of Windows Server 2016. These methods include Hyper-V Replica, Live Migration, Shared Nothing Live Migration and more. Secondly, we will also explore how to maintain high availability using them.
4. PowerShell Commands for Hyper-V High Availability in Windows Server 2016: List & Uses
In this lesson, you'll learn about the Hyper-V PowerShell commands used to configure different forms of high availability for virtual machines. This lesson describes setting up failover, migration, replication, and authorization entries for virtual machines.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Computer Science 322: Windows Server Configuration course
- Windows Server 2016 Installation & Configuration
- Configuring Storage & Replication in Windows Server 2016
- File & Share Access in Windows Server 2016
- Installing & Configuring Hyper-V in Windows Server 2016
- Creating & Managing Active Directory Users & Computers in Windows Server 2016
- Active Directory Groups & Organizational Units in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring Network Services with IPv4 & IPv6 in Windows Server 2016
- DHCP & DNS Configuration & Deployment in Windows Server 2016
- Installing Windows Active Directory Domain Services in Windows Server 2016
- Clustering in Windows Server 2016
- Windows Containers in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Group Policies & User Account Control in Windows Server 2016
- Security Policies, Application Restrictions & Windows Firewall in Windows 2016
- Maintaining & Monitoring Windows Server 2016