About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other information systems and computer applications work.
- Identify the enterprise business systems concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our college information systems and computer applications tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn enterprise business systems and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding enterprise software for business applications, transaction processing, supply chain management or any other enterprise business systems topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their business learning
- Prefer learning business topics visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their enterprise business systems unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in information systems and computer applications
- Don't have access to their business teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning enterprise business systems simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live information systems and computer applications tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn enterprise business systems on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Explain how Enterprise Business Systems enhance the performance of an organization.
- Compare and contrast batch and real-time transaction processing systems.
- Describe how enterprise resource planning can be used to integrate all business processes into a single system.
- Learn how customer relationship management is used to help companies become more customer-focused.
- Discuss the ways in which supply chain management supports the relationships between a company's key business operations and its suppliers and customers.
- Explain how knowledge management facilitates the sharing of information between an organization and its partners and customers.
- Understand how expert systems and artificial intelligence are used to solve complex problems.
- Discuss the role of electronic data interchange and explain the benefits of the transfer of transactional information between customers and suppliers.
1. Enterprise Software for Business Applications
Enterprise software gives multiple users in different locations access to the same functionality. This central system ensures that information is shared across all functional areas and levels of management within an organization.
2. Transaction Processing Systems (TPS): Batch and Real-Time Systems
Transaction processing systems capture and process the detailed information necessary to update data on the fundamental operations of an organization. Learn about the characteristics of different types of systems in this lesson.
3. Enterprise Resource Planning: Using ERP to Integrate Business Processes
Enterprise resource planning is a set of integrated program to manage the critical operations for an entire organization. Learn about the advantages and challenges of implementing ERP.
4. Customer Relationship Management: Using CRM to Focus on Customers
Customer relationship management (CRM) is an enterprise business system that organizations utilize to acquire, enhance, and retain relationships with customers. This lesson explores how CRM helps organizations become more customer-focused and profitable by combining functional processes with business operations.
5. Supply Chain Management in the Business, Supplier & Customer Network
Supply chain management is concerned with all the interconnected businesses that are part of providing end products or services to customers. Learn how SCM can reduce costs and improve customer service.
6. Knowledge Management: Capture, Store & Share Information with KM
Knowledge management makes it possible to capture, store, share and utilize the knowledge and experience of an organization. Learn about the different types of knowledge and how knowledge management is implemented in this video lesson.
7. Using Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Expert Systems to Solve Complex Problems
Artificial intelligence is used to develop computer systems that demonstrate characteristics of intelligent behavior. Expert systems make it possible for a novice to perform at the level of an expert in very specific situations. Learn more about both of these systems in this lesson.
8. Electronic Data Interchange and the Transfer of Transactional Information
Electronic Data Interchange is a set of rules that describe how electronic business is conducted over a computer network. Learn how EDI replaces the paper documents that used to be part of most business transactions.
9. IT Project Risk Management: Framework & Process
IT project risk management is designed to help you control and manage events within the project. The goal of this lesson is to cover the definition of risk management and the framework and process for risk management.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Information Systems: Tutoring Solution course
- Information Systems in Organizations: Tutoring Solution
- Hardware and Systems Technology: Tutoring Solution
- Systems Software and Application Software: Tutoring Solution
- Internet, Intranet, and Extranet: Tutoring Solution
- Network Systems Technology: Tutoring Solution
- Decision Support Systems: Tutoring Solution
- Systems Development: Tutoring Solution
- Data Management: Tutoring Solution
- Business, Social, and Ethical Implications and Issues: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Programming: Tutoring Solution
- Data Visualization & Programming Languages
- Data Visualization & Binding
- Displaying Visualization Data