About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your entrepreneurship and small business homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your entrepreneurship and small business homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Defining entrepreneurs
- Financing a small business
- Managing employees
- Managing a small business
- Marketing a small business
- Planning a business
- Identifying primary causes of small business failures
- Accounting for small businesses
- Understanding the small business in the global market
- Determining importance of small businesses in the U.S. economy
1. What is an Entrepreneur? - Definition, Characteristics & Examples
Entrepreneurship is an important engine of growth in the economy. In this lesson, you'll learn about what an entrepreneur is and the key characteristics and skills that a successful entrepreneur possesses. Some examples of entrepreneurs will also be given.
2. Small Business in the American Economy
Nearly every business starts 'small.' In this lesson, you'll learn how a small business is defined, some characteristics of a small business, and the importance of them in the economy. You'll also learn why some small businesses fail.
3. Managing a Small Business
Small businesses are an important engine of growth in an economy. In this lesson, you'll learn about some key areas of small business ownership that an owner should master to be successful. A short quiz follows.
4. Small Business in a Global Market
As the world moves closer to a global economy, more small businesses will look to expand into international markets. In this lesson, you'll learn about some of the advantages and disadvantages that small businesses face in a global market.
5. What Are Money Market Funds? - Definition, Types & Examples
Do you want to earn a higher rate of return on your investment but want to do it in a safe and less risky way? Read on to find out more about money market funds and how they can help you earn a higher rate of return in a low risk way.
6. What Are Municipal Bonds? - Definition, Types & Examples
This lesson will define municipal bonds, a type of debt vehicle issued by state and local governments. The two types of municipal bonds will be explored, and examples will be given.
7. What Are Treasury Bonds? - Definition & Rates
In this lesson, you'll learn about treasury bonds, which are basically a way for governments to borrow money. Treasury bonds are considered low risk investments, and therefore, pay a lower yield to investors.
8. What is a Checking Account? - Definition, Types & Advantages
Find out what a checking account is and the different types available. Learn what the advantages of checking accounts are and why they can be important to have.
9. What is a Loan? - Definition, Types, Advantages & Disadvantages
Learn what a loan is and some of the most common types of loans that people get. Find out which loans are best for different situations and some of the advantages and disadvantages of getting a loan.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Introduction to Business: Homework Help Resource course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Homework Help
- Homework Help for Social Responsibility and Ethical Behavior in Business
- Economics and Business: Homework Help
- Business in Global Markets: Homework Help
- Forms of Business Ownership: Homework Help
- Managing and Leading in Business: Homework Help
- Leadership Styles in Business: Homework Help
- Organizational Management: Homework Help
- Business Production and Operations: Homework Help
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Homework Help
- Basics of Human Resources: Homework Help
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Homework Help
- Business Marketing Basics: Homework Help
- Product Development and Retailing: Homework Help
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Homework Help
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Homework Help
- Product Promotion: Homework Help
- MIS Basics: Homework Help
- Implications of Information Technology: Homework Help
- Risk Management: Homework Help
- Accounting Basics: Homework Help
- Financial Management: Homework Help
- Securities Markets: Homework Help
- Money and Financial Institutions: Homework Help