About This Chapter
Environmental Health Issues - Chapter Summary
The Earth's resources are finite, so it's imperative that we develop an understanding of how to protect our oceans, air, and vegetation. The lessons in this chapter will help you refresh your understanding of various environmental issues as well as methods for conserving energy and reducing our impact on the environment. By the end of the chapter, you'll have explored:
- The individual's role in protecting the environment
- Types of global environmental issues
- Methods for reducing solid waste
- A comparison of energy conservation and energy efficiency
We strive to keep the learning experience enjoyable as well as effective. To keep you engaged, our expert instructors have created inviting video and text lessons that illustrate the material in a manner that's easy to comprehend and retain. The video lessons contain a clickable timeline which you can utilize to navigate the video if you'd like to review a particular portion of the lesson. Each lesson contains an interactive quiz for you to test your knowledge of the topics. At the end of the chapter, a cumulative exam is available for you to assess how well you've absorbed all of the information. Remember that our instructors are available in case you have any additional questions related to the topics.
1. The Role of Individuals in Protecting the Environment
This lesson discusses what individuals can do to help protect the environment. Learn how you can take action in little ways and make a difference by engaging in political activism. Take a quiz to see if you're ready to do your part.
2. Global Environmental Issues: Types & Treaties
The following lesson defines and then discusses examples of global environmental issues, such as global climate change and pollution. A short quiz will follow the lesson to check your understanding.
3. The 3 Rs of Reducing Solid Waste: Reuse, Reduce & Recycle
Reduce, reuse, recycle! In this lesson, we will explore the three Rs of reducing solid waste. We will also investigate examples of each of the three Rs, and how people can do their part to help reduce solid waste.
4. Energy Conservation and Energy Efficiency: Examples and Differences
Saving energy is an important topic, but energy conservation and energy efficiency are not the same thing. Learn what the difference is and some examples of both energy conservation and energy efficiency.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Praxis Health & Physical Education - Content Knowledge (5857): Practice & Study Guide course
- Health Programs in Education
- Health Models, Theories & Data
- Physical Fitness Overview
- Health & Wellness Overview
- Injury Prevention & Personal Safety
- Healthy Relationships & Effective Communication
- Human Body Overview
- Human Development
- Physiological Changes Throughout Life
- Mental, Emotional & Physical Disorders
- Community Health & Advocacy
- Health Careers & Community Agencies
- Physical Education Programs
- Supporting Student Development in Physical Education
- Using Collaboration, Reflection & Technology in PE
- Motor Skills & Movement Activities for PE
- Kinesiology & Biomechanics
- Sports & Recreational Activities for PE
- Curriculum & Instruction for Physical Education
- Instructional Techniques & Strategies
- Communication in the Physical Education Classroom
- Assessment & Data in Physical Education
- Student Assessment in Special Education
- Praxis Health & Physical Education: Content Knowledge Flashcards