About This Chapter
Equal Employment Opportunity - Chapter Summary and Learning Objectives
Understanding the laws and regulations that guide employment is an essential part of human resource management. Dive into these topics in this chapter's video lessons. Instructors will teach you about the different laws that impact employment and why they are important to businesses, and the quizzes in each lesson will help you test your comprehension of chapter material. These lessons cover the following concepts and regulations:
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Title VII
- Affirmative action
|Equal Employment Opportunity: PDA & Regulations||Illustrate how the Pregnancy Discrimination Act protects women from discrimination for choosing to have children.|
|Equal Employment Opportunity: ADA Law & Regulations||Dissect the Americans with Disabilities Act and conclude why it is one of the most important human resource management laws.|
|Equal Employment Opportunity: ADEA Law & Regulations||Explain how the Age Discrimination in Employment Act law is especially necessary with an aging population.|
|Equal Employment Opportunity: Title VII Requirements for Managers & Organizations||Evaluate the consequences of violating Title VII and how to comply with it.|
|Equal Employment Opportunity: Title VII Law & Regulations||Summarize the regulations of Title VII and how these impact human resource managers.|
|Affirmative Action: Definition and Effects on Diversity in the Workplace||Consider affirmative action and how it creates a more diverse workplace.|
1. Equal Employment Opportunity: PDA & Regulations
Female employees play a pivotal role in the success of an organization, but have historically been at a career disadvantage if they decide to bear children. In this lesson, you'll learn about the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, including its protections and key provisions.
2. Equal Employment Opportunity: ADA Law & Regulations
One of the most important employment laws on the books for human resource managers is the Americans with Disabilities Act. In this lesson, you'll learn some of its key provisions and concepts. A short quiz follows.
3. Equal Employment Opportunity: ADEA Law & Regulations
The Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 will continue to play an important role in human resources management as the U.S. population continues to age. In this lesson, you'll learn about its key provisions.
4. Equal Employment Opportunity: Title VII Law & Regulations
One of the most important employment laws on the books is Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. In this lesson, you'll learn about Title VII, its regulations and how it affects human resources management. A short quiz follows.
5. Affirmative Action: Definition and Effects on Diversity in the Workplace
Affirmative action creates a diverse workplace for organizations. Legislation was passed to help protected groups not have an adverse impact on employment opportunities. In this lesson, find out the difference between protected groups and adverse impacts.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 306: Strategic Human Resources Management course
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Human Resource Management Theory
- Employment Law & Rights of Employees
- Workplace Diversity & Multiculturalism
- Recruiting & Selecting Employees
- Employee Benefits & Compensation
- Collective Bargaining & Unions
- Organizational Training Programs
- Employee Motivation Theory
- Performance Management
- Employee Value & Competitive Advantage
- Human Resource Management Around the World
- Human Resource Metrics & Measurement
- Required Assignments for Business 306
- Studying for Business 306