About This Chapter
Establishing a Successful Team - Chapter Summary
This corporate training chapter explores topics related to the establishment of a successful team. Your employees will watch short videos on setting team goals and objectives, team-building activities and ways in which to build productive virtual teams. This training resource works well regardless of the locations or schedules of your employees, as all of the lessons are online and can be accessed from anywhere at any time.
How It Helps
- Offers strategies: Immediately following completion of this chapter, your employees will have tips and actionable steps they can take to build coaching plans and choose the right team-building activities for the workplace.
- Builds strong teams: When your employees use these lessons, they'll create strong and unified teams, improve company morale and increase job satisfaction.
- Provides knowledge: Your team members will understand the four conditions for high-performance teams and ways in which to assemble these teams when they complete this chapter.
Once this chapter is finished, your employees should be able to:
- Set team goals
- Put together a high-performance team
- Understand the four conditions for a high-performance team
- Use team-building activities at work
- Follow strategies to build productive virtual teams
- Lead virtual teams in team-building activities
- Create a team coaching and building action plan
- Choose the correct team-building activity for their groups
1. Setting Team Goals & Objectives
The goal-setting process can be more effective when team members are involved and SMART goals are used. This lesson will explain these factors and offer some tips on how to successfully approach the goal-setting process.
2. Assembling a High-Performance Team
This lesson is going to go over some of the many aspects of assembling amazing teams. You'll learn about selecting team members, assigning them roles, and orienting them.
3. Four Conditions for High-Performance Teams
This lesson is going to go over the four conditions for high-performance teams. These are compelling direction, shared mindset, strong structure, and supportive context.
4. Team Building Activities for Work
Great team building activities boost productivity, improve communication and strengthen morale. In this lesson, learn about effective team building activities and how to choose the right one for your team.
5. Tips for Building Productive Virtual Teams
Virtual teams are trending in the business world. While just assembling a group of people does not always yield high productivity, implementing the right strategies may help to build a dynamic virtual team.
6. Team Building Activities for Virtual Teams
Team building in the virtual environment is very important. It helps to build trust, which is one of the biggest challenges in a virtual team. In this lesson, we will be learning about various types of team building activities for virtual teams.
7. Practical Application: Creating Your Team Building & Coaching Action Plan
In the ''Team Building and Coaching'' course, you've learned how to build and motivate a successful team at work. In this practical application, we'll look at how you can implement the lessons you've learned through the writing of an action plan.
8. Practical Application: Choosing the Right Team Building Activity
Team working environments can present unique challenges. Sometimes, it calls for the right team-building activity to get things back on track. Here, you'll be asked to find a solution for three team scenarios.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.