About This Chapter
Establishing Employee Recognition Programs - Chapter Summary
This chapter's lessons look at the fundamentals of starting an effective employee recognition program, including ideas that have worked at other companies and mistakes made by others. Your management staff will study the following:
- Basics of employee recognition programs
- Types of recognition and rewards programs
- Successful strategies for employee recognition programs
- Common mistakes in employee rewards programs
These short video lessons offer detailed information on how to design and implement an employee rewards program. The quizzes that accompany each lesson provide a springboard for discussion when used in a corporate training setting, and chapter quizzes test your managers' grasp of the concepts presented.
How It Helps
- Provides startup information: Short video lessons offer a list of factors that company leaders must consider when implementing an employee recognition program, such as program objectives, funding and program eligibility.
- Offers options: Various types of reward and recognition programs are discussed, giving your management team information to choose the type that best suits their needs.
- Provides practical tips: Lessons examine strategies that have been successful at other companies and also look at common mistakes so your staff can avoid them.
After watching these lessons, managerial staff should be able to:
- Describe the key elements of an employee recognition program
- Explain the types of reward and recognition programs
- Analyze strategies for implementing a successful employee recognition program
- Examine common mistakes made by organizations in their employee recognition programs
1. The Fundamentals of Employee Recognition Programs
In this lesson, you'll learn about employee recognition programs. You'll discover what factors should be taken into consideration when putting one together, including the total number of employees and the total amount of money allocated, among other things.
2. Types of Reward & Recognition Programs
There are many different ways companies can reward and recognize employees. This lesson will take a look at the importance of employee recognition and some of the different types of reward and recognition programs.
3. Strategies for Successful Employee Recognition Programs
The purpose of this lesson is to discuss strategies to create a successful employee recognition program. We'll look at how, why and when to recognize employees who demonstrate exceptional work.
4. Avoiding Common Pitfalls of Employee Recognition Programs
In this lesson, you'll learn how to create fair employee recognition programs in the workplace. You'll also learn how to avoid showing favoritism when handing out the rewards of the program.
5. Practical Application: Creating Employee Recognition Programs
Employee recognition programs can increase employee loyalty as well as increase employee productivity. Use this activity to practice creating employee recognition programs that work as intended.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Developing Employee Recognition Programs course