About This Chapter
Establishing Strong Manager & Employee Relationships - Chapter Summary
These engaging video lessons can help your company's management understand what it takes to establish strong manager and employee relationships. The lessons can help them learn the following:
- The meaning of employee relations
- Why it is important to have a healthy employer-employee relationship
- Ways to build relationships during new employee orientation
- Tips for developing trust between managers and employees
In addition to watching video lessons, your managers can take self-assessment quizzes that reinforce ways to establish strong manager and employee relationships. An exam is available to gauge their comprehension of chapter concepts. Instructors are also available to answer any questions you have about the lessons.
How It Helps
- Strengthens workplace relationships: The lessons teach your managers how they can encourage employees to relate with one another, which can strengthen workplace relationships.
- Improves employee orientation: This chapter offers tips you can use to improve your employee orientation by incorporating strategies for building manager and employee relations during the process.
- Enhances creativity and productivity: Developing trust between managers and employees makes employees feel better supported and, as a result, increases their creativity and productivity.
By the end of this chapter, managers will be able to:
- Explain the importance of employees relating well in the workplace
- Describe why building good relationships between managers and employees should be a top priority
- Share the reasons new employee orientations are important in building manager-employee relationships
- Explain the importance of building a relationship of trust between managers and employees
1. What Is Employee Relations? - Definition & Concept
Happy employees are productive employees. Successful businesses know how to manage relationships to build lasting employee satisfaction. Learn the meaning of employee relations and understand the essential elements of an effective employee relations program.
2. The Importance of a Healthy Employer-Employee Relationship
In this lesson, you'll learn why it's important for a company to prioritize building good relationships between employers and employees. You'll also explore the benefits that go along with those relationships.
3. Practical Application: Motivational Theories & Strategies Infographic
Motivation is a key driver for employee achievement. But what drives motivation and what can managers do to increase motivation in team members? This infographic will take you through theories and strategies for motivating teams.
4. Building Relationships During New Employee Orientation
In this lesson, you'll learn how a manager can build supportive relationships with new employees. You will also review tips for introducing new workers to facilities, co-workers, and job responsibilities.
5. Developing Trust Between Managers & Employees
Trust between employees and managers is essential in every workplace. In this lesson, we'll discuss ways to build trusting relationships between you, managers, and your employees to create a harmonious and productive workplace culture.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Building Constructive Relationships with Your Employees course