About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Ethical Behavior in Business chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Present-day business ethics||Ethics, Security and Exchange Commission (SEC) and relations between the company/manager and employees, investors, customers and vendors|
|Tuesday||Enron case study||Lapse of ethics and market-to-market accounting|
|Wednesday||Code of ethics||Corporate ethics code, compliance-based and integrity-based ethics codes|
|Thursday||Ethics for companies||Social responsibility and social networking|
|Friday||Case studies of contemporary organizations||Examples of present-day companies' demonstration of social responsibility or the lack, thereof|
1. Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
The concept of ethics is easy to give examples of but hard to define. In this lesson, we will discuss ethics and how they apply in the business world, as well as discuss an example of an ethical situation using Enron.
2. Code of Ethics: Compliance-based and Integrity-based
A business may develop a code of ethics for different reasons. In this lesson, you'll learn what a code of ethics is and the difference between a compliance-based code of ethics and an integrity-based code of ethics.
3. Social Responsibility in Organizations
Watch this video lesson to learn how companies put into practice their social responsibilities. Learn how a socially responsible company helps the environment, people, and employees along with giving freely to society.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Business Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- The Dynamic Business Environment Lesson Plans
- Economics & Business Lesson Plans
- Global Markets & Trade Lesson Plans
- Business Ownership Types Lesson Plans
- Entrepreneurship & Small Business Lesson Plans
- Managing & Leading in Business Lesson Plans
- Business Leadership Styles Lesson Plans
- Organizational Management Lesson Plans
- Business Production & Operations Lesson Plans
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation Lesson Plans
- Human Resources Basics Lesson Plans
- The Employer-Worker Relationship Lesson Plans
- Business Marketing Basics Lesson Plans
- Product Development & Retailing Lesson Plans
- Supply Chain Management Lesson Plans
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing Lesson Plans
- Product Promotion Lesson Plans
- MIS Basics Lesson Plans
- Information Technology Implications Lesson Plans
- Risk Management in Business Lesson Plans
- Accounting Basics Lesson Plans
- Financial Management Lesson Plans
- Securities Markets & Business Lesson Plans
- Money & Financial Institutions Lesson Plans