About This Chapter
Ethical Behavior & Social Responsibility in Small Business - Chapter Summary
Use these video lessons to closely examine ethical behavior and social responsibility in small business. Each lesson covers a different aspect of this subject, enabling you to better understand ethical decision-making, social responsibility in organizations, the code of business conduct and much more. Navigate the lessons in any sequence you desire, and strengthen your knowledge by submitting your questions to our experts. When ready, test your comprehension with help from multiple-choice quizzes and a chapter exam. In no time, you will be ready to:
- Discuss the relevance of ethics in the business world
- Explain how codes of business conduct relate to business ethics and standards
- Define ethical decision-making, and discuss how to make ethically sound decisions
- List factors that impact ethical behavior in the workplace
- Identify and describe techniques used to manage ethical behavior in the workplace
- Differentiate between workplace ethics and the law
- Describe the concept of social responsibility as it relates to organizations
1. Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
The concept of ethics is easy to give examples of but hard to define. In this lesson, we will discuss ethics and how they apply in the business world, as well as discuss an example of an ethical situation using Enron.
2. Ethical Decision Making
We have to make decisions every day, and many of these decisions have an ethical dimension. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethical decision-making and a process you can use to make ethically sound decisions. A short quiz follows.
3. Factors that Affect Ethical Behavior in the Workplace
This lesson will help you understand the factors that affect ethical behavior in the workplace and allow you to consider your own ethical decision making standards.
4. Managing Ethical Behavior in the Workplace
Ethics are important in the business world. In this lesson, you will learn the techniques that managers use to command ethical behavior in the workplace.
5. The Difference Between Workplace Ethics and the Law
In this lesson, you will learn the difference between workplace ethics and the law through a comparison of two employees who each view a situation differently at their job.
6. Social Responsibility in Organizations
Watch this video lesson to learn how companies put into practice their social responsibilities. Learn how a socially responsible company helps the environment, people, and employees along with giving freely to society.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Intro to Business: Help and Review course
- The Dynamic Business Environment: Help and Review
- Business Morality & Code of Conduct: Help and Review
- Economics and Business: Help and Review
- Business in Global Markets: Help and Review
- Forms of Business Ownership: Help and Review
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business: Help and Review
- Managing and Leading in Business: Help and Review
- Leadership Styles in Business: Help and Review
- Organizational Management: Help and Review
- Project Management Basics: Help and Review
- Business Production and Operations: Help and Review
- Workplace Productivity & Motivation: Help and Review
- Basics of Human Resources: Help and Review
- Managing the Employer-Worker Relationship: Help and Review
- Business Marketing Basics: Help and Review
- Product Development and Retailing: Help and Review
- Product Distribution & Supply Chain Management: Help and Review
- Pricing Strategy in Marketing: Help and Review
- Product Promotion in Business: Help and Review
- MIS Basics in Business: Help and Review
- Implications of Information Technology: Help and Review
- Risk Management in Business: Help and Review
- Accounting Basics: Help and Review
- Financial Management in Business: Help and Review
- Securities Markets and Business: Help and Review
- Lean in Business
- Money and Financial Institutions: Help and Review
- Strategic Planning for Small Businesses
- Small Business Analysis Models
- Small Business Entrepreneurship
- Product Pricing for Small Business