About This Chapter
Ethical Issues in MIS - Chapter Summary
If you need to review ethical issues in management information systems for school or work, you're in the right place. This chapter contains engaging and simple lessons that examine the importance of business ethics, as well as issues that affect the management of technology in modern day organizations. You can complete the chapter at your own pace, and feel free to reach out to our instructors if you have any questions. The chapter also comes with lesson-specific quizzes to help you reinforce your comprehension of key concepts. When you're finished, you'll be able to:
- Compare informational, societal, political and legal business strategies
- Evaluate rights, obligations and approaches pertaining to business ethics
- Assess the role and importance of business ethics in contemporary businesses
- Evaluate several ethical issues related to business technology management
1. Businesses' Strategies: Information, Societal, Political & Legal
Businesses have to influence their stakeholders to support organization objectives. They can accomplish this by utilizing informative, societal, political and legal strategies through various tactics. Learn about these strategies and more in this lesson.
2. Business Ethics: Rights, Obligations & Approaches
In this lesson, explore the concept of business ethics and discover how this dictates the ways that businesses interact with each other and with consumers.
3. Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
The concept of ethics is easy to give examples of but hard to define. In this lesson, we will discuss ethics and how they apply in the business world, as well as discuss an example of an ethical situation using Enron.
4. Ethical Issues in Managing Technology in Business
It is a challenge for companies to balance the need for technology with the elements of privacy and security. Let's analyze some ethical issues, such as information security, balancing the privacy of employees with the need for monitoring employees, file sharing, and copyright infringement.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 303: Management Information Systems course
- Management Information Systems Concepts
- Business Analysis & Process Models
- Knowledge Management in MIS
- Computer Hardware in MIS
- Computer Software in MIS
- Data Management & Database Management Systems
- Networks & Telecommunications
- Developing Business Information Systems Processes
- Electronic Commerce Information Systems
- Global Business & Marketing Information Systems
- Required Assignments for Business 303
- Studying for Business 303