About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering ethical sales and marketing material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn ethical sales and marketing. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding ethical sales and marketing
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning sales and marketing (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about ethical sales and marketing
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra sales and marketing learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Ethical Sales and Marketing chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Ethical Sales and Marketing chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any ethical sales and marketing question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in an ethical sales and marketing unit of a standard sales and marketing course. Topics covered include:
- Marketing ethics
- Behaving ethically in business and corporate social responsibility
- Cause-related marketing
- AMA Code of Ethics
- Consumerism and environmentalism in marketing
1. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
2. Business Ethics: Corporate Social Responsibility
Now that companies are concerned with society's welfare, corporate social responsibility is a controversial topic. In this lesson, learn the two theories of social responsibility and the arguments for and against the practice.
3. Ethics and Cause-Related Marketing
Do you avoid a specific store entrance when people are collecting money for charity outside? In this video, you will learn more about social responsibility and, specifically, the growth of cause-related marketing.
4. Overview of the AMA Code of Ethics
The American Marketing Association has laid out ethical guidelines for its members to follow. In this lesson, we'll examine that code of ethics, including its two major components and how they can be applied in business.
5. Social Criticisms of Marketing
Watch this video lesson to see how marketing impacts not only the consumer, but also society as a whole and other businesses. Learn why honest marketing is important.
6. How Consumerism & Environmentalism Affect Marketing
While the two are often at odds with each other, consumerism and environmentalism have both transformed marketing. This lesson demonstrates how that change occurred in the last several decades.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Sales and Marketing: Help & Review course
- Foundations of Sales & Marketing
- Sales & the Law
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Strategic Marketing Planning
- The Market Research Process
- Marketing Analytics & Data
- Consumer & Business Marketing
- Segmentation and Product Marketing
- New Product Development & Marketing
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Distribution & Logistics
- Direct & Online Marketing
- Product Branding & Strategies
- Advertising & Sales Promotion
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Social Media Marketing Overview