About This Chapter
Below is a sample breakdown of the Ethics in Advertising chapter into a 5-day school week. Based on the pace of your course, you may need to adapt the lesson plan to fit your needs.
|Day||Topics||Key Terms and Concepts Covered|
|Monday||Ethics in marketing||Meaning of ethical behavior; business ethics and decision making; and levels of ethical development|
|Tuesday||Ethical target marketing||Customer research, predisposed ways|
|Wednesday||Unethical target marketing||Vulnerable populations, caveat emptor|
|Thursday||Advertising abuses||Controversial advertising, deceptive practices such as ambiguity, fact finding and puffery|
|Friday||Advertising regulation||Advertising and marketing laws|
1. Ethical Behavior in Marketing: What Are Marketing Ethics?
Watch our lesson to learn the definition of ethics and how it relates to business and marketing. You will also learn about the idea of ethical business behavior.
2. Ethical & Unethical Target Marketing in Business
Companies are desperate to acquire customers, and some will use inappropriate ways to gain their attention. In this lesson, you'll learn how to discern ethical from unethical target marketing, using the example of marketing to vulnerable populations.
3. Advertising Abuses & Regulation
Companies do not always act ethically when trying to persuade consumers to purchase their products. In this lesson, we will discuss the various ways in which advertising can be abused and take a look at controversial advertising and regulation of advertising.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business Ethics Syllabus Resource & Lesson Plans course
- Business Ethics Overview: Lesson Plans
- Employees, Stockholders, & Corporate Governance: Lesson Plans
- Management in Organizations: Lesson Plans
- Business, Government & Society: Lesson Plans
- Public Relations for Business: Lesson Plans
- Diversity in the Workforce: Lesson Plans
- The United States Government: Lesson Plans
- Business-Government Relations: Lesson Plans
- Government Regulation on Business: Lesson Plans
- Political Parties & Lawmaking: Lesson Plans
- Business & the Political Environment: Lesson Plans
- Composition & Roles of the Executive Branch: Lesson Plans
- The Federal Judicial Branch: Lesson Plans
- Antitrust Laws in Business: Lesson Plans
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Citizenship: Lesson Plans
- Business & the Community: Lesson Plans
- The Media's Impact on Business: Lesson Plans
- Consumer Rights & Regulations: Lesson Plans
- Strategies of Special Interest Groups: Lesson Plans
- Technology, Business, & Society: Lesson Plans
- Environmental Issues in Business: Lesson Plans
- The Global Business Environment: Lesson Plans
- International Trade & Business Law: Lesson Plans