About This Chapter
Ethics & Professionalism for Educational Leaders - Chapter Summary
Strengthen your knowledge of ethics and professionalism for educational leaders with help from this self-paced chapter. Enjoy access to entertaining lessons designed to ensure you understand how to create an ethically-sound, inclusive school environment from the standpoint of a professional educational leader. By the end of this chapter, you will be able to do the following:
- Define social justice in education and discuss related issues
- Explain the importance of adhering to the code of ethical conduct in the teaching profession
- Detail the process educational leaders can use to make ethically sound decisions
- Describe how to create ethical and positive cultures in organizations
- Discuss the use of power and influence to enhance education
The lessons in this chapter are easy to navigate and fun to review. Use them to improve your current understanding of ethics and professionalism for educational leaders, and take their accompanying quizzes to check your comprehension. Any questions that arise while studying this chapter can be submitted to our experts via the Dashboard. These resources are accessible 24/7 via any computer, smartphone or tablet.
1. Issues & Definition of Social Justice in Education
Social justice is an important aspect of education in today's society. This lesson will offer a definition of social justice and will familiarize you with a number of issues pertaining to social justice in education.
2. Code of Ethical Conduct in the Teaching Profession
Many professions recognize set standards for moral conduct. This lesson examines the code of ethical conduct in the teaching profession and the importance of adhering to that code.
3. Ethical Decision Making
We have to make decisions every day, and many of these decisions have an ethical dimension. In this lesson, you'll learn about ethical decision-making and a process you can use to make ethically sound decisions. A short quiz follows.
4. Ethical Culture and Positive Culture in Organizations
In this lesson, you will learn how an ethical and positive culture can be created in an organization and why it is important for organizations to establish an ethical and positive culture.
5. Using Influence & Power to Enhance Education
As educational leaders, we often hold a great deal of influence and power. This lesson discusses some of the different ways we can wield this power, to enhance educational experiences, for students, families, and community members.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - Educational Leadership (015): Practice & Study Guide course
- Management Skills for Education
- Overview of Public Education
- Overview of Educational Leadership
- Stakeholder & Community Involvement in Education
- Creating a Positive Culture of Learning
- Theories of Effective Learning
- Methods & Tools for Effective Learning
- Effective Learning for Diverse Student Groups
- Professional Development for Educators & Teachers
- Promoting Team Development & Growth in Education
- Human Resource Management in Education
- Operational Management in Education
- Fiscal Management in Education
- Legal Dimensions of Educational Leadership
- Ohio Assessments for Educators Educational Leadership Flashcards