About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school world history work.
- Identify the Eurasian dynastic empires concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our High School World History Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about the great dynastic empires of Eurasia and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding the Ottoman, Safavid or Mughal empires or any other Eurasian dynastic empires topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their history learning
- Prefer learning history visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their Eurasian dynastic empires unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school world history
- Don't have access to their history teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about Eurasian dynastic empires simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live world history tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about Eurasian dynastic empires on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn about the emergence of the three great Eurasian empires.
- Explore the rulers and characteristics of the Ottoman Empire.
- Look at the creation and rulers of the Safavid Empire.
- Discuss the role of Shi'ism in the Safavid Empire.
- Look at the rulers and characteristics of the Mughal Empire.
- Examine Hindu influence on the Mughal Empire.
1. The Emergence of Three Empires in Eurasia: Ottoman, Safavid & Mughal
This lesson focuses on the Ottoman empire of Turkey, the Safavid Empire of Iran, and the Mughal Empire of India and Pakistan. It highlights the terms theocracy, ghazi, and God-ism.
2. The Ottoman Empire
This lesson will be a brief survey of the Ottoman Empire. It will highlight the ghazis, Osman, and Suleiman. It will also highlight the decline of the empire due to its involvement with Russia and the other powers of Europe.
3. The Safavid Empire: Creation, Rulers, Characteristics & Shi'ism
This lesson will explore the Safavid Empire. In doing this, it will explain Shi'ism, the term theocracy, and the reigns of Shah Ismail and Shah Abbas the Great.
4. The Mughal Empire: Rulers, Characteristics & Hindu Influence
This lesson will trace the history of the Mughal Empire. In doing this, it will focus on religious tolerance as well as the rules of Babur and Akbar, the language of Urdu, and the system of God-ism.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School World History: Tutoring Solution course
- Foundational Concepts of World History: Tutoring Solution
- Geography: Tutoring Solution
- Major Belief Systems of the World: Tutoring Solution
- Early Civilization of World History: Tutoring Solution
- Ancient Civilizations in the Near East: Tutoring Solution
- Early Chinese Civilization: Tutoring Solution
- Early Indian Civilization: Tutoring Solution
- History of Ancient Greece: Tutoring Solution
- Hellenism and the Athenian Achievement: Tutoring Solution
- The Rise of the Roman Republic: Tutoring Solution
- History of the Fall of Rome: Tutoring Solution
- The Rise of Christianity: Tutoring Solution
- The Eastern Mediterranean: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to the Dark Ages: Tutoring Solution
- African History: Tutoring Solution
- The Early Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- The Medieval Warm Period: Tutoring Solution
- The High Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- History of Asia (1000-1300 CE): Tutoring Solution
- Pre-European Civilizations in North America: Tutoring Solution
- The Late Middle Ages: Tutoring Solution
- The Renaissance: Tutoring Solution
- The Age of Exploration: Tutoring Solution
- The Reformation Across Europe: Tutoring Solution
- The Elizabethan Era: Tutoring Solution
- Colonialism: Tutoring Solution
- The Enlightenment & World Revolutions: Tutoring Solution
- World War I: Tutoring Solution
- Between the World Wars: Tutoring Solution
- World War II: Tutoring Solution
- The Cold War: Tutoring Solution
- Post War Europe, Asia, Middle East, and Africa: Tutoring Solution
- Latin America Since 1900: Tutoring Solution
- The 21st Century: Tutoring Solution
- Formation of New Empires and Political Systems
- The Development of Major Political Entities
- Decolonization & Nationalist Movements (1890-1900)
- Genocides in the 20th Century