About This Chapter
European History: Post-War Europe - Chapter Summary
See the changes that Europe experienced after World War II, including the descent of the Iron Curtain. Our instructors will introduce you to the economic and political changes that occurred in Europe after the war that made the region more stable. You'll also get a look at the Berlin Airlift and components of the Marshall Plan that impacted Europe. Once you've watched the videos in this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Describe the social, economic and political stability that emerged after the war
- Understand the impact of the Marshall Plan
- Detail the changes in the Soviet Union that led to the fall of the Iron Curtain
- Explain differences between revisionism, post-revisionism and traditionalism
Critical details about post-war Europe are easy to grasp with the entertaining and engaging videos that comprise this chapter. Each lesson uses graphics and animations that make learning about European events after World War II fun and simple. A quiz accompanies each lesson so you can quickly check your understanding of key concepts. You'll also find video tags that let you review main points of the video without having to re-watch the entire lesson. Lesson transcripts are useful for finding definitions of post-war Europe vocabulary or for getting links to other info about this time period.
1. Emergence of Political, Social, and Economic Stability
In this lesson, we explore the factors that led to the emergence of peace in Europe and the nature of the tenuous political, economic and social stability that developed after WWII.
2. Post-War Europe: the Berlin Airlift & the Marshall Plan
In this lesson, we will learn about the Marshall Plan and the Berlin Airlift. We will examine the conditions in postwar Europe that resulted in these events, and we will understand why they are important.
3. Post-War Soviet Union & Eastern Europe: The Descent of the Iron Curtain
In this lesson, we will learn about some of the dynamic events that followed World War II in Eastern Europe. We will explore the descent of the Iron Curtain, and learn about the formation of the Eastern Bloc states.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the GACE Middle Grades Social Science (015): Practice & Study Guide course
- European Colonies in North America (1497-1732)
- Important Events Leading to the American Revolution
- Events & Leaders of the American Revolution
- The Making of a Nation after the American Revolution
- The Virginia Dynasty
- Manifest Destiny & American Expansion
- Everyday Life in Antebellum America
- Jacksonian Democracy
- American Civil War & Reconstruction Overview
- Westward Expansion, Industrialization & Urbanization (1870-1900)
- American Imperialism & World War I
- The Progressive Era of the Early 20th Century
- 1920s America
- America and the Great Depression
- U.S. Involvement in World War ll (1941-1945)
- Post-World War ll America (1946-1959)
- The Cold War in America (1950-1973)
- Civil Rights & Other Movements in the US (1954-1973)
- America in the 1970s
- America in the 1980s
- Recent American History (1992-2013)
- The History of Georgia
- Introduction to Government
- Introduction to Economics
- American Government
- Latin American History
- Canadian History
- European History: Geography, Colonization, WWI & Russia
- European History: The 1920s & 1930s
- European History: The Rise of Fascism
- European History: World War II
- European History: Cold War Europe
- European History: Integration in Europe after the Soviet Union
- Australian History
- Overview of African History
- Asian History
- GACE Middle Grades Social Science Flashcards
- History of Political Parties in the U.S.