About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your late 19th and early 20th century European history homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your late 19th and early 20th century European history homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Late 19th century advancements in Western civilization
- Developments of the Second Industrial Revolution
- Major changes to the world economy
- Politics in France, England and Germany
- Scientific advances at the turn of the 20th century
1. Advancements in Western Civilization at the End of the 19th Century: Examples & Impact
The end of the 19th century was a time when the workers of Europe had more money to spend and more time to engage in leisure activities. In this lesson, learn about changes in leisure activities, health, education, and women's rights.
2. The Second Industrial Revolution: Timeline & Inventions
The Second Industrial Revolution was another great leap forward in technology and society. New innovations in steel production, petroleum and electricity led to the introduction of public automobiles and airplanes. In this lesson, learn about the key inventions that spurred this revolution.
3. The 19th Century World Economy: Major Changes & Their Impact
During the late 19th century, changes in industrial production, trade, and imperialism led to a world economy. In this lesson, learn about the important factors that contributed to this system.
4. Politics of the Third French Republic, Victorian England & the Second Reich
The middle of the 19th century witnessed several political changes on the European scene. Many of these dramatic shifts centered on the states of France, Germany, and England. In this lesson, learn about the shifting political powers and changing governments of Europe during this time.
5. Science, Art, Religion & Philosophy in the Mid to Late 1800s & Early 1900s
The end of the 19th century and the beginning of the 20th century was a period of advances in scientific discovery, philosophy, religion, and artistic expression. In this lesson, learn about the influential ideas, individuals, and movements of the time.
6. Water Polo: History, Rules & Positions
In this lesson we discuss the history of water polo, from its origins in Europe in the 19th century to the modern Olympics. We also look at the rules and the different player positions.
7. Monet's Paintings: Water Lilies & Japanese Footbridge
Claude Monet is one of art's most recognized names today. In this lesson, we'll look at two of his final masterpieces and check out the impact they had on the world of art.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Western Civilization Since 1648: Homework Help Resource course
- Western European Absolutism (1648-1715): Homework Help
- Eastern European Power Shifts (1648-1740): Homework Help
- Empire and Expansion in the 18th Century: Homework Help
- The Scientific Revolution (1500-1790): Homework Help
- The French Revolution & Napoleon (1780-1815): Homework Help
- Industrialization From 1700-1900: Homework Help
- Political Developments From 1760-1848: Homework Help
- The Age of Nationalism: Homework Help
- Imperialism in the 19th and 20th Centuries: Homework Help
- World War I (1914-1919): Homework Help
- The Years Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II (1939-1945): Homework Help
- Western Civilization Since 1945: Homework Help